Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebo and the likes

Options
  • 09-09-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Just curios, what is the big attraction to the likes of bebo?

I can understand that if you were abroad or whatnot but tis gas watching guys and gals on their bebo pages sitting next to each other beboing each other.

Another quick question, how do bebo have access to all the registered students in Ireland, I remeber there was a time that u had to verify you were from a certain college and course etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Dunno, I'm on it the odd time but it's a weird old slice of life - seems like there's a bit of a competition to have the busiest page or the most colourful or the most once-a-day love but hey it's just a distraction.

I know some people that can spend hours on the web, and for it all to be on bebo. Me, I like the web, but think it's too boring to stay on one site the whole time.

oh and your little question - think that might have been facebook that opened its doors to noncollege people last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 scorzny

Exactly, everyone I know is on it but I still dont get the attraction to sending one liners to people who I never intend to speak to in person!! It's meant to be a ''great way of meeting new people you'd never speak to otherwise'' , thats a poor excuse, typically for people who cant hold a conversation with someone after their first line face 2 face. BUT....
    college awaits...and it is meant to be a good way to keep in touch with friends, especially since i dont intend coming home everyweek!!
    Its just like boards anyway...EXCEPT.....for....other....people!:rolleyes:

Advertisement