Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet making advice/questions

Options
  • 08-09-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im considering having a small project made which would require the skills of a cabinet-maker:

It would basically involve building a small box (approx 2'X2'X1'), open on both ends and with a few simple rebates inside. It would need to be made from a reasonable-grade hardwood with dovetail joints and filetted edges. There's no doors or hinges etc, just a simple shell basically.

My question is: Is this the kind of project a small cabinet maker would take on, and what kind of cost (very roughly) would i be looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I could make this for you if you wanted? Pm me a drawing and what you want it made from etc. and I'l take a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Yeah ok, PM sent.

Advertisement