Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio T1XP

Options
  • 08-09-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

been offered this laptop, just wondering people thought on it, dont wanna get stung, looks cool but just want peoples opions on it if any

thanks a million

Sony Vaio T1XP

thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

In general(from reading about them and owning one), I'd say sony laptops are less reliable than other brands. Design, styling and features are usually great though. Don't have any experience with this particular laptop(other than knowing it was a high end ultraportable when released), but wouldn't have any trouble going for it if it was available at a good price with nothing wrong with it and it was what i needed etc. I'd probably treat it extremely gently though, something like a dell or ibm would probably be more robust and easier to get fixed if something does go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

been offered it for 600 euro... is this good, want ti for back packing around the world.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

ro1798 wrote:
    been offered it for 600 euro... is this good, want ti for back packing around the world.....

sounds a bit steep, even though it was high end and probably is a great laptop, but its hard to judge, i guess it expensive because of the size. Seems it came out in late 2004.

have been looking at ibm x31 and dell d400 laptops recently and they seem to sell for under 350euro(thats ebay though), would be faster processor and maybe not much heavier laptop. IBM x41 i think is very light model, might be worth looking at. But the sony probably still has the weight/size advantage over those models

edit: for secondhand laptop, chances are you high you'll need to get a new battery for it

Advertisement