Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aus v Japan Match Thread

Options
  • 08-09-2007 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭

Well? can Japan do better than Italy just did, probably not imo, I reckon we are on for 80-100.

Inqui

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

3-0 13 minutes, seems my guess was wildy off, still reckon 50 is on the cards when the Japanese tire

bit of a damp squib this one after the fireworks from the kiwis earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Go Japan!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

well the aussies should put on a big score, its not even japans 1st team , its the japanese reserves, they are concentrating on winning the minor pool matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

japan are doing quite well, putting in some big hits and making some good runs

massive mismatch in the scrum though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Impressed with Japan, they are much better than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,142 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

zabbo wrote:
    Impressed with Japan, they are much better than I expected.

Yep, they're holding Australia to a 67 point gap at the mo. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Slow coach wrote:
    Yep, they're holding Australia to a 67 point gap at the mo. :rolleyes:

Make that an 81 point gap now, poor japnese, I bet they just want the pain to end now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Inquitus wrote:
    Well? can Japan do better than Italy just did, probably not imo, I reckon we are on for 80-100.

Inqui

Good guess.
    Is it just the one bonus point for scoring 4 or more tries or is it one for every 4 tries scored? They should really do something to weed out games like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

They should really do something to weed out games like this.

Yer man on the been suggesting having a 2 tier WC. Winner of the bottom tier goes into the top tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Good guess.
    Is it just the one bonus point for scoring 4 or more tries or is it one for every 4 tries scored? They should really do something to weed out games like this.
    Just one bonus point available per team each match.

If they got rid of the games like this one though then it wouldn't be much of a world cup would it? Tri-Nations + 5 Nations + Argentina, and Italy only get in to make up the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Delighted to see Chris Latham racking up some points for my fantasy team. :D

robinph wrote:
    Just one bonus point available per team each match.

If they got rid of the games like this one though then it wouldn't be much of a world cup would it? Tri-Nations + 5 Nations + Argentina, and Italy only get in to make up the numbers.

Add in Samoa and Fiji and its a runner

• Registered Users Posts: 16,142 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

i'd just like to point out that Japan are ranked #18 and there are 20 teams in the cup. If they go weeding out teams like Japan how many teams will be in the tournament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement