Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V Card + Tickets in London

Options
  • 08-09-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I really want to go to a concert in London later this year and I use the 3V card to purchase everything online. The venue for the tickets doesn't ship the tickets overseas, says I have to collect the tickets at the venue and show my credit card and quote a reference number as proof. As anyone who uses 3v knows you just get a voucher as your card. Will they accept my 3V card, voucher and email as proof?? I emailed them but no reply, I don't want the concert to sell out!!!!
    Any ideas??
    Thanks

P.S I don't know if this is the right thread area but any ideas please!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id imagine they would. If you book the tickets and its payed for, just show your reference number and credit card receipt / 3v Card. However, your best calling them and asking (just in case)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭eire1

Yeah I'll see if I can find a phone number for them, I'll go mad if it sells out!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

And when you login to your 3v voucher number, it will show a reference number in there too... just like showing where the money went. Maybe print out that page too.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I heard a guy on Joe Duffy a few months back bought tickets to rugby match or something.

Turned up to collect tickets with his 3V voucher details and they refused to give him tickets.

If my memory serves me correctly he didn't get in to the match/event ,i think the event was in France.

I think they had a few callers with similar stories

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭eire1

I rang the venue and the guy told me to bring the card, voucher, proof of purchase and it will be fine. So it's all booked now.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

It says on the 3v site that you cannot use it for hotel bookings etc if they require the visa card. You may be in trouble! Lets hope not!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

catch--22 wrote:
    It says on the 3v site that you cannot use it for hotel bookings etc if they require the visa card. You may be in trouble! Lets hope not!

I do believe that refrence is to do with the fact Hotels require a card to be swipped for a transaction (can be done by typing in the number but its more of a hassle). Its nothing (afaik) to do with using the CC to verify an identity for ticket collection.

Advertisement