Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin fringe festival

Options
  • 08-09-2007 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭

wondered what all the excitement was down the IFSC , it was quiet eneogh, good for photography, the fringe festival kicked off on until Septem 23

www.fringefest.com

The ifsc was extremly unearthly tonight

1344253464_2a0c636205.jpg

and tranquil

1343377075_ccc20d5b41.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

looks like an episode of Brainiac!! :) Love the second shot Barry something really peaceful about it, colours are muted too which suits it really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

2nd one is great

looks like she's in the middle of a calm ocean, just doin her thing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

yeah - i much prefer the 2nd one myself -- the first one reminds me of accidently stumbling across this after the meeting with my new feinds -- it was kind of out of worldly and surreal - with meditative / ambient music on a balmy night -- but looking again the first pic doesn't work -- should be some good stuuf happening around dublin this month -- thanks
    B.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Here's my Fringe photo:
    1350977298_a1ba1b048d_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

very nice TJM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Was down myself there last night and managed to take a couple of hundred shots. Will probably sort through them in the morning and post up a few :)

I found the lighting quite difficult to work with, but I'm still learning half the settings on my camera (Sony DSC-H9). Here are a select few from the Opening Event down in Georges Dock on Saturday night.

03.jpg

07.jpg

15.jpg

I have them all up on my site here: http://www.gbish.com/gallery/album/dff_090907/

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Lovely shots Winters. I was there as well but found it difficult to get anything worthwhile. What sort of shutter speed were you using for those? (I love the fireworks effect with the water droplets in particular.)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Winters, baz, some very nice shots there, like the second one of baz's and the last one of winters

I'd say the event was very interesting

TJM wrote:
    What sort of shutter speed were you using for those? (I love the fireworks effect with the water droplets in particular.)

I wish I could remember. I spent most of the night just playing with settings and generally just trying to get used to using my camera :)

For the first picture, Lightroom tells me I was running: 1/60 sec at f/4.5, ISO 640
    The last picture is: 1/8 sec at f/3.5, ISO 400

• Advertisement
Advertisement