Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third level books

Options
  • 07-09-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Anyone got suggestions on where to buy cheap college books(History and Sociology). Got a pain in my face searching through Amazon and Abebooks.Postage charges make them so expensive. I have 15 books on my list. I tried www.schoolbookexchange.ie and had no luck there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

It depends on the subject, I've found a good few books for my course (law) on ebay (UK). Secondhand they may be but if they're in decent condition then there's no harm done.

I got a ton of old English and Irish law books for about €200 a few years ago all off ebay.

Play.com also now sell college textbooks. Try Borders and Hodges and Figgis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks for that. I managed to find 3 on e-bay. One of them was less than €5.
    I had never used play.com and managed to find 2, one of them is out of print and VERY hard to find. Happy days!
    Thanks again.

Advertisement