Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So so Angry

Options
  • 07-09-2007 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I am livid.
    Myself and the other half are sittting down with a couple of beers getting ready for the opening ceremony and started watchin the countdown to the world cup on ITV4. The program is completely biased towards the English (can't blame them I suppose,) so I decided that I'd subscribe to Setanta, just to try and get some kind of Irish perspective in the built up to the tournement.
    I called Setanta to subscribe only to be told that I can subscribe but will be unable to watch any rugby world cup related programming as ITV hold the rights in the "UK."
    I don't want to sound wingy but this is a disgrace. I'm going to be stuck listening to this S*** for the next six weeks becuase I live 45 minutes from the border.
    IMO when it comes to events as big as the world cup come along the bidding wars should be forgotten about the rights should go to the state broadcaster (ie. RTE in Ireland and BBC in UK.)
    Anyways.. I'm off to watch this bag of tools discuss Englands chances of doing the double....... GREAT.... (pass me another beer)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Do you not have TV3?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrincredible

:confused: Not available in the North.. unless anyone knows of anyway I can recieve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well my advice would be to watch it on ITV but maybe listen to the commentary on RTE radio? I know how you feel, I watched the first 3 minutes in ITV and got so píssed off with all the England talk I knocked it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Guessing you use basic tv coverage not Sky or NTL/Chorus? Man that really sucks if thats true always thought setanta were full ireland coverage? How bad is the ITV coverage then

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrincredible

Stev_o wrote:
    Guessing you use basic tv coverage not Sky or NTL/Chorus? Man that really sucks if thats true always thought setanta were full ireland coverage? How bad is the ITV coverage then

No I'm using sky but becuase ITV have the rights to the RWC my Setanta Ireland is being blocked..
    How bad? Lewis Moody! Martin Johnson! and feck all reference to Ireland thus far.. Guess I'll have to make do..
    mind you, I'm planning to get down to Sligo to watch some of the matches, and hopefully when ITV show the Ireland matches they may (please god) take some kind of irish view point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I feel your pain, I suffered a few minutes of ITV Engerland blah blah coverage before deciding switching back to TV3.

It a national bloody disgrace that RTE don't have this, I dont watch RTE at all, but would feel my TV license was well spent if they had coverage of this.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

No I'm using sky but becuase ITV have the rights to the RWC my Setanta Ireland is being blocked..
    How bad? Lewis Moody! Martin Johnson! and feck all reference to Ireland thus far.. Guess I'll have to make do..
    mind you, I'm planning to get down to Sligo to watch some of the matches, and hopefully when ITV show the Ireland matches they may (please god) take some kind of irish view point...

Moody and Johnson wouldnt be that bad but yeah i can see the problem if they are still discussing England rather then the opener. But tbh who can blame them really ITV/UTV are broadcasting for a majority of English people so you know it does make sense but still i know what ya mean. Just sit back till things get going , should be the best thing we'v seen in years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

You could always listen to newstalk they have the radio rights for all the matches. Tune in, turn the sound down and the radio up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The ITV commentary is the best of the 3 providers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

TV3 can be receive 2 ways, either chanell 103 on Sky, or by getting a special antennae installed, i live in Donegal and receieved it both ways.

tbh the coverage is comical on tv3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you have an NI address on your sky account TV3 probably won't be available. However, if you can get your hands on an RoI sky card you'll get TV3 no probs. Then you could probably use that for Setanta coverage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I switched to Setanta earlier today. Nuff said tbh, they're the best of a bad bunch. And it's a crying SHAME that RTE do not have the rights for this! How on earth did this happen? Surely TV3 can't outmuscle RTE financially?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Setanta out muscled rte not tv3, tv3 came on board almost after the fact as Ireland games have to be FTA

Mike.

Advertisement