Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Laptop

Options
  • 07-09-2007 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

What Is The Best Gaming Laptop That Is Out At The Moment?
    Any Advice Would Be Great

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can recommend 3 for you,dell xps (i have that and its a great gaming laptop,pity theres delays on them though)alienware are suppose to good,and rock direct.com try there.let us know how you get on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The best laptop graphics card at the moment is the 7950gtx. Only a laptop with a 17" screen or bigger will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Is It Possible To Get AlienWare Laptops In Ireland?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is It Possible To Get AlienWare Laptops In Ireland?

Yes it is. Remember that for gaming, the graphics card is the the most important thing.

Where Can U Get Them And which one is the best?

• Advertisement

Where Can U Get Them And which one is the best?

http://alienware.ie/main.aspx

What is your price range?

About 2500 incl. VAT

About 2500 incl. VAT

Nice. I'm jealous. What size screen would you like? The best graphics card will be in a 17" laptop.

Ya Thanks.Would The Best Spec. Apple PowerBook Be Better Than The Dell XPS
    Or Alienware

I'm not really a big fan of apple stuff myself. They are generally a lot more expensive than all the other pc makers even though they would have similar specs. Also a lot of games aren't made for macs (I think EA port their games over but I'm not 100%) so I would recommend sticking with a windows based machine. I'll take a quick look on dell and see what I can find.

• Advertisement

Ya I Dont Really Like Apple Either But I Heard That The OS Is Really Stable
    What Would U Advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 d_mc_a

I'd also recommend alienwareas long as it's only for gaming. I have an alienware laptop myself and it's an animal but it's not mobile. it's 3.8 kg. Also, alienware will have a bit of a delay too. Mine was delayed by 3 months but I think mine was a special case :D. I recently bought a Dell XPS M1330 too. They aren't really specced for high end gaming but they are capable of running alot of demanding game. Pity about the delay with them too. Stick around for the Acer U3 thats being released later on this month. It's looking pretty sweet and its much more mobile than alienware's beast.

I took a quick gander at dell and found this. It's a great spec and that graphics card would be the best you could get in a laptop. It works out at €1900 with vat so this gives you a bit of room to upgrade a few things if you wish. The problem with dell is that this is where they make their money. The cost of upgrading a component with dell borders on criminal at times. I wouldn't do it but you might want to so a couple of things.

You could upgrade the processor but you probably wouldn't notice it that much in games.

Upgrading to four gigs of ram is also something you could consider but if you are doing that, don't buy it off dell. Buy the ram from somewhere like komplett and install it yourself. You'll get better ram and it'll work out cheaper. e.g this ram is only €250. I'm not sure how good it is though.

You could upgrade the warranty as it's only a one year warranty. You might never need it but you could end up regretting it.

What Would U Advise For A Small Portible Laptop with all the main parts including
    A DVD+-RW

Advertisement