Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England

Options
  • 07-09-2007 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Anyone think Samoa can do a job on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It would be nice, watched a replay of the last World Cup game between them and have to say it would be nice revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I doubt it but then again they almost beat them in Australia the last time.

But England have to beat them really. Otherwise they'll be lambasted by the press back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭smok

Marshy wrote:
    I doubt it but then again they almost beat them in Australia the last time.

But England have to beat them really. Otherwise they'll be lambasted by the press back home.
    I have a feeling that England will really struggle though!
    they look like a team that have no pattern and i cant see them going far.
    It would be nice to see an island team do well. I hate how NZ just take all thier players just because they have the pro league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Samoa as a team are based on physicality. Similarly England have a monstrous pack. Basically it will be a slog up front with England winning due to greater talent in the backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

dan719 wrote:
    Samoa as a team are based on physicality. Similarly England have a monstrous pack. Basically it will be a slog up front with England winning due to greater talent in the backs.
    I don't know if monstrous is quite accurate in describing Englands pack tbh. Didn't seem like that at Croker!

Samoa have good backs as well. But England should grind out a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

samoa have a few injuries Im afriad, and have zero debth. They are a **long way** from the team with Pat Lam and several ex-all blacks who beat wales 8 or so years ago...

I would not be putting big money on them to beat england.

..nice to dream tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Easy_81

samoa have a few injuries Im afriad,

Yeh of the same opinion, they have lost 4 players to injury already and are definately not as big in the packs as they have been. England should get on top of them you would think.

But may cause a scare for the English and South Africans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hopefully they'll injure a few of them.

Advertisement