Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Portable Media Player

Options
  • 07-09-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭

Ok,

I have been looking around a bit the last while for a new PMP and I've got a few options but I'm stuck as to what would be the best.

Requirements:

- All the standard jazz with mp3, photo, video playback
    - As much storage space as possible, I'm not to sure where the line is for reasonable weight and size V's storage but if possible something around 100gb, Less if I have to, but more if possible (Any ideas on how to expand it further?).
    - A player with Wifi incorperated into it for web browsing, Email ect would be nice but i think that I might be hitting a long ball here.
    - A.V in, PMP has gotta have either as standerd or as an addon an AV input recording ability. (Going to be used for a headcam for sports)
    - Connectivity, Not to sure again how standard this is but it would be good if I could transfer my photos straight from my dig cam, either through USB or a card reader.
    - Good battery life, USB chargeing would also be Verrry handy.

Basically it's gotta be a PMP with brass knobs on :D

ARCHOS keep springing to my attention but I'm not to sure if thats the best way to go.

Any suggestions / Comments / Ideas would be great.
    Cheers,

Waz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

archos 605 is the only option for storage that big and wifi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53880260&postcount=43

you'd have to buy a seperate dock though for recording stuff with it. Check out youtube, theres lots of videos of it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Does the archos have a sleep timer? is it possible to record directly from a video source using connecting leads rather than a docking station on the 704? Currently I have a cowon a2 and a nokia 770 from streaming audio from the internet , I'm hoping the 704 will do all this in one box as well as checking email when i'm abroad.

Apreciate any opinions archos owners might have

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Archos 605 manual here

Whilst there seems to be a clock, I cant see any mention of sleep timer.

Advertisement