Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound system for DVD and TV suggestions

Options
  • 07-09-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Apologies about the noobish nature of my post but here is my position, I am moving into an apartment pretty soon and I want to set up a hi-fi with seperates and a nice LCD telly,

My current position is that I have a NAD 710 Amp and radio tuner, and a 510 cd player

My brother gifted me these quiete some tiome ago and I love the simplicity of them to bits. The apartment I am moving into is a small one bedroom one and space is very limited so I was wondering could anyone give me some advice, as unlike him I know nothing about this stuff.

Ideally I would like some small speakers, like the bose ones you see, are these any good, and the possibility of a speaker in the bathroom.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it, I also was planning on heading up to Richer sounds up North as I go up and back a bit so traveling there is no problem at all,

Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

the NAD stuff is all well and good but has nothing to do with surround sound really. Keep them as a separate music system if you wish, they'll be more musical then a surround system and they're quite neat anyway.

Have a word with Richer or Lyric Hifi on Lisburn Road (they have a good range of S/H stuff at http://www.lyrichifi.com/specials.htm ) and get yourself a 5.1 amp and discreet speakers. Don't touch Bose, they're about as useful in a sound system as a wood burning stove, horrible things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

ha ha cheers slaphead,

Just called a place in Dublin that told me Bose were phenomenal....... :D:D

Is Richer the sort of place you can just turn up with a credit card and leave with all the stuff, I know it sounds stupid but I would like to get the whole thing done in the one go if you get me,

Thanks,

gabgab wrote:
    ha ha cheers slaphead,

Just called a place in Dublin that told me Bose were phenomenal....... :D:D

Is Richer the sort of place you can just turn up with a credit card and leave with all the stuff, I know it sounds stupid but I would like to get the whole thing done in the one go if you get me,

Thanks,
    Oh phenomenal alright...:cool: I think Van Gogh used them.

Yeah Richer will quite happily take your money, they're just a high street shop really. Do talk to Lyric too.... it's higher end stuff than Richer but the s/h or demo gear can be a real bargain. At least it gives you choice and in fairness both shops are good to deal with... helpful and mostly honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

Ah come on Slaphead, Bose are not that bad. I have a lifestyle 8mk2 in my office, at the right volume level they are not bad at all.

They're muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Slaphead07 wrote:
    They're muck.

They are MUCK and they do SUCK.The only good thing about Bose is their marketing.They seem to be the name that always springs to mind when people want to move into the audio world.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aye, i've voiced my opinion on bose here before. best marketing going, awful sound...avoid like the plague

Advertisement