Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veneers question

Options
  • 07-09-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm thinking of getting veneers. My teeth are slightly stained from antibiotic use as a child and I currently bleach them, but it doesn't do the job perfectly. I also had braces in my teens and surgery, so my teeth are more or less straight. I have a slight overbite and one of my front teeth pokes out a bit more than the rest, which pisses me off daily since I suffered braces and a horrible orthodontist for so long.

I'm not sure how much good porcelain veneers would do me. I've already done so much to the teeth (fillings too) and I'm afraid I'll just go that one step too far and not get the result I'm looking for.

Yay or nay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You should probably let your dentist decide if veneers would be a good option. They'd probably be better than using home bleaching kits, which damage your teeth and gums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Home bleaching kits DO NOT damage your teeth or gun if used correctly.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Second that. Definitely not damaging to teeth and or gums if custom trays and bleach are used correctly. Where are you getting your information etho? I'd love to see a published article.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Home bleaching kits DO NOT damage your teeth or gun if used correctly.

Sorry Willa Unkempt Eyeglasses, I should clarify I meant the kind you can buy in your local chemists, not the home kits your dentist makes up for you.

http://www.library.nhs.uk/oralhealth/viewResource.aspx?resID=262850&code=746ff6e8e07aa9869f2cc8c2d7a8df7b

"Tests carried out on 20 products showed 18 of them had hydrogen peroxide levels above the legal limits. The bleaching agent can aggravate gum disease and even cause chemical burns to the mouth in some cases.

One teeth-whitening kit contained 230 times the legally permitted level of the bleaching agent, Trading Standards officers found."

Advertisement