Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostros and XPS - how long is the delay now?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Are Dell getting through the backlog?

I'd like to order one but if its gonna be a 2 month wait I'll go somewhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I ordered a vostro on the 29/08/07, according to the dell site estimated delivery date is 12/09/07...its been sitting in preproduction for the 13 days though....never knew there was a backlog....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah, from what i hear there is long delays, prepared for that estimated delivery date to increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Think it may be all down to the exact specs you order too - I ordered a Vostro 1500 on the 26th of August - estimated delivery date was the 20th of Sep, yet it was shipped on Sunday and arrived on Tuesday the 4th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I ordered my 1330 on July 16th and still havent got it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

I also ordered a latitude d630 on the 16th of july and have had nothing but bull**** from from dell
    still waiting on it and will be another 5 weeks or more they say
    after telling me it would be delivered on four separate dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I ordered an XPS M1330 last Tuesday evening and the status today has been updated to Delivery Preparation :)

I ordered with the following specs:

Dell M1330 Crimson Red
    13.3" WXGA LED Display
    2.2Ghz Dual Core
    2Gb DDR2 RAM
    32Gb Solid State Disk
    Nvidia 128Mb 8400M
    Intel Wireless-N Mini-PCI Card
    Dell TrueMobile 355 Internal Bluetooth Module
    Biometric Fingerprint Reader

EDIT: The status has just been updated to dispatched with Interlink! :)

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Thats not fair!!!!! I ordered a red one too, i thought thats why it was taking so long :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

mine was dispatched on saturday.....:)

Vostro 1000

Order date: 29/08/2007
    Ship Date: 08/09/2007

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Oredered an inspiron last week, had to bitch a lot to get it delivered..

Advertisement