Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Progress.

Options
  • 07-09-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just Wondering where everyone is at in the game.

Currently shifting through ssc / tk all in all going well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

sunzzzz wrote:
    Just Wondering where everyone is at in the game.

Currently shifting through ssc / tk all in all going well.

yeah, the guild i am in is farming kara, gruul, maggy, loot reaver and the lurker but we are stuck between hydross (tank gear dependant) tidewalker, and alar.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where I've been for the last month - still trying to get a Kara key. I honestly can't understand where there serious raiding guilds find the time.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Farming Karazhan, starting Gruul's Lair at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

On day 24 of renewing my subscription and still wishing I hadn't wasted the money:(
    Wandered around Org for a couple of minutes the other day and then quit again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tman wrote:
    On day 24 of renewing my subscription and still wishing I hadn't wasted the money:(
    Wandered around Org for a couple of minutes the other day and then quit again...

I know that feeling all too well. Dunno how many times i've done that since i quit :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

illidari council down although i only just got attuned to bt :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Guild I'm in has loot reaver down in TK, and has up to karathress killed in SSC. Wasn't there for the last two new kills cause of exams though. Contributed making some progress on them before though which sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

We just killed Kael, to get us to BT and Hyjal. First bosses of each of those down at the first time of asking :)

Where I've been for the last month - still trying to get a Kara key. I honestly can't understand where there serious raiding guilds find the time.

0o, I have 3 characters attuned to kara, its 4 normal dungeon runs. Whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Only starting The Eye and SSC now, anyone have a free rogue raiding spot? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Dustaz wrote:
    We just killed Kael, to get us to BT and Hyjal. First bosses of each of those down at the first time of asking :)
    ah that's good. makes up for the 2 months you spent on kael ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Just joined a new guild on emeriss, requiem! have just down kael also lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Oi!, Sunzz, get your guildmates to stop ganking my poor prot pally while I'm trying to do muh dailies.... pesky warlocks ;)

On subject, Inquisition are hitting Kara/Gruul farmed out soon (still gearing up some 'switch in' alts we use for filling raiding holes) and taking the VR out most weeks. From the more advanced people, any advice on the progression path from there? Starting Mag attempts in the last couple of weeks but some of my guildies seem to have a very vague grasp of the concept of clicking on the boxes >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

OH NO YOU DIDNT! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Evac101 wrote:
    Oi!, Sunzz, get your guildmates to stop ganking my poor prot pally while I'm trying to do muh dailies.... pesky warlocks ;)

On subject, Inquisition are hitting Kara/Gruul farmed out soon (still gearing up some 'switch in' alts we use for filling raiding holes) and taking the VR out most weeks. From the more advanced people, any advice on the progression path from there? Starting Mag attempts in the last couple of weeks but some of my guildies seem to have a very vague grasp of the concept of clicking on the boxes >.<
    Yeah, maggie takes a while to click, if you'll pardon the pun, but once it does you realise it generally isnt worth it for the loot.

I think we've killed him about 3 times altogether.

After that, its generally on to lurker below (while keeping Void Reaver on farm status), then Leo or Morogrim depending on what sort of raid group you can consistently achieve, all the while building up resist gear for Hydross.

Karathress is very definitely a gear check as Tidalvess is a nasty mofo with some insane burst dps output that will require you to have one seriously well geared prot paladin/warrior tank, while still having an overall well geared raid.

Then Hydross and Al'ar, Hydross which generally requires very good resist sets and Al'ar which doesnt so much require resists as it does a mobile, competent and well geared raid (getting rarer and rarer these days :p)

Finally comes the pain that is Vashj, Solarian and ultimately Kael'thas and so endeth the lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

5 or 6 nights actually , how much sitting outside hyjal does that translate to? :P

From the more advanced people, any advice on the progression path from there? Starting Mag attempts in the last couple of weeks but some of my guildies seem to have a very vague grasp of the concept of clicking on the boxes >.<

I would get mag on farm before you start SSC. Mag is the best introduction to most boss fights later on. If you cant get 12 people that can press their right mouse button once at the right time, your going to have a very hard time later on. Its a good fight to introduce raid co-ordination and also acts somewhat as a dps check for later fights.

As to SSC, we pretty much did the bosses in order, with hydross going down first. Im not a tank but we didnt seem to have any problem gearing 2 tanks with frost and nature res gear (and a third nature res guy as standby). Like most of the boss fights in TBC, once you get the trick of it (stop dps on move lolz), its easy and not too much of a dps check. Lurker is the easiest fight in there but only when you drum it through peoples heads that they gotta jump in the water.

After those two, things get a little trickier for guilds new to ssc. Morogrim can be really difficult depending on the method you use and it requires your your healers to be really on the ball all round. Leo and kara both need your raid to have t5 or equivalent or your not going to beat the enrage timer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I only started playing a few days ago, already up to lvl 16 and just hit lakeshire. Damn this game is taking over my life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

It'll slow down soon. ;)

The real addiction kicks in at 70, when you get into the end game stuff, and there's always something else to do. Either that or you realise how repetitive it all is and quit.

Heh.

Yeah i got a bit pissed off last night, went to do the Dead~Mines sungeon with a few fellow same levelers and one lvl 24 tank. Nothing but hassle. the tank running straight in before we have pulled them out, and thus getting us wiped out. Then quitting at the second instance..... Then trying to find someone else. Who kept selecting "need" for all the good loot, while everyoen else picks "greed"

In the end my internet went down so i just walked away. Guess ill have to look for a better group next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ah memories.

I've never actually finished Deadmines. Was an absolute noob when I was levelling my night elf rogue, and he's the only Alliance character I got to 20, let alone to 60.

But yeah, you're already learning the joy of PuGs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Agree looting rules in advance, then kick someone who rolls need on stuff he doesn't need.

PVE end-game progress is non-existant for me right now, levelling my new char (dr000d). Dinging 60 today so at least soon people will stop asking me to heal/tank BRD (holy crap do I hate BRD).

• Advertisement

I hit lvl 20 on my human warrior 2 days ago, and noticed no matter what lvl beats i kill or what quests i do i got absolutly no XP at all. Guess lvl 20 was the max for the trial account. But picked up the full game from HMV for 10€ and a 60day card for 20€. Not bad. I sdont have to put my hand in my pocket again till just before xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

20 Is indeed max level for trial account!

Advertisement