Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England: The Champions' Challenge Was on ITV tonite!

Options
  • 07-09-2007 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Fly on the wall documentary like the one Ireland did, but a lead up to the World cup!

Thought it was pretty good, wish Ireland have done the same, does anybody know?

It was cool to see the players behind the scenes, was very entertaining, watchin the show made me think how little a chance England have in this world cup, and how Samoa are a good bet to beat or qualify from the group!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

flynner13 wrote:
    Fly on the wall documentary like the one Ireland did, but a lead up to the World cup!

Thought it was pretty good, wish Ireland have done the same, does anybody know?

It was cool to see the players behind the scenes, was very entertaining, watchin the show made me think how little a chance England have in this world cup, and how Samoa are a good bet to beat or qualify from the group!

Didn't see it - but I really feel it's unlikely that England won't get to the QF.. One thing I have noticed (without letting the cat out of the bag) on the prediction competition is that there seems to be an inkling by a few entrants that Wales may get stranded and either Fiji or Japan will progress at their expense.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Wales will definitely progress.. Although they have their shaky moments, they are class act. They beat Argentina, who alot of people are rating as better than Ireland. I realy don't see Wales being eliminated pre-QF. And yes although it's unlikely, they could feasibly beat Aus on their day. The advantage of playing in Cardiff can't be overlooked.

I also don't rate England's chances of beating SA. SA are real contenders for the cup, and will outclass England across the park with ease. The SA side is so much more experience for a start, and they wont have a problem stepping up a few gears to leave England in the dust. And I honestly think Samoa have a good chance of beating England.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

if they pick Tait they may do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Watched documentary, thought it was okay and worth seeing but thought the Irish one was much better. I think SA will thrash England tbh and although Ashton is finally getting the best young guys playing I think it'll be another year at least before they're able to beat one of the top six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

jdivision wrote:
    Watched documentary, thought it was okay and worth seeing but thought the Irish one was much better. I think SA will thrash England tbh and although Ashton is finally getting the best young guys playing I think it'll be another year at least before they're able to beat one of the top six.

Yeah id agree i dont England as a a major force but something in my mind says that come 6N they might have a stormer if they put in the new squad. Guys like Hipkiss, Cipriani and Sackey might really start making impacts come then

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

It's starting on itv4 now

Advertisement