Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I will never forget NTL RANT

Options
  • 06-09-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Im not going to say dont use these guys but If you do all I will say is beware and be prepared.

I must say everything was fine with my NTL / Broadband up until recently we decided to throw a bit more business their way and get a few more points installed around the house....

So my aul lad rings the Sales line and done and dusted in 2 minutes - account number etc 'oh we'll charge that to your account Mr Harry'

....So out comes BILL and sure enough he installs a box in one of our upstairs rooms(well done BILL) and proceeds to drill a hole in one of the rooms upstairs, then runs a two foot cable through it from an existing box and hey presto theres your second point....

now to be honest my dad agreed to this at the time (not knowing what was going on/ naevly trusting the tech) so I did'nt really have a leg to stand on when I complained they charged us for TWO points....but what annoyed me is that when I rang up tech support the rep more a less said yeah it was a 2 foot cable but tough **** you agreed to it-needless to say I wasnt impressed with this attitude of we dont give a **** how you feel once we have your money.

So Bill then decides to tell my dad that he hasnt enough equipment to do the extra box downstairs because it wasnt on the docket (C'mon Bill you were doing so well)...After he'd gone my dad rings me to say Bill left a yard brush on the roof of the house that they asked him for a lend of and not only that but digital downstairs which he fiddled with was constantly freezing...

My dad rings up - makes a complaint and 3 days later nobody even bothered to get back to him...when I hear this Im not too happy so phone up to complain myself - she heard me out , I wanted ONE more point and for the dowstair cable to be fixed.....So then BEN comes out this morning , I just miss him-he fits a po9int downstairs and when me dad asked him to take a look at the cable in the front room ' nah its not on the docket' - so while my dad is having his breakdown about this I ring NTL today and say look I need someone to come out here tomo afternoon 'That wont be happening' she says...I can have an apponitment for next week--I explained all that has happened all the crap all the phonecalls and Im advised well theres no note of your cable not working-I said go listen to your recorded calls and you'll then realise that we're being messed aroud here....Sure enough she says what any good customer rep would say 'I cant do it right now but even if I could you still would have anyone out tomorrow'

I asked to speak with a manager-none available ' do you know what time it is?' she asks ... feeling humiliated ' I want a manager to call me first thing' ....'theyre in a meeting tomorrow so no can do'....is this some form of joke line Im wondering......'can SOMEONE call me in the morning' ....'I cant gaurantee that'....'can you call me in the mornign and let me know either way'.....'Ill do my best'.....'Thank you'

I certainl;y dont expect a call tomorrow never mind an apology never mind a resolution - if so it will just be someone else on the other end of the line doing what appears to be normal for this crowd 'winding you up'......After all this I dont want Bill and Ben back either

awwww I cant tell you how bad NTL are guys andWhile i feel sorry for the crap the reps put up with i cant say that ive been in anyway impressed by how theyve dealt with me and the situation either-quite the opposite in fact!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Impressive rant but I had to read it three times.
    Fecking hard to follow, use full stops and sentances ,my friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Ha how many times I've pointed out the need for full stops and sentences before!!

Sorry I was just so worked up about it all. Having had a little time to cool off, I must say that after reading over my own rant I feel....almost a little embarrassed ....I think Im being far too SOFT on NTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hammerhand

Sony wrote:
    Ha how many times I've pointed out the need for full stops and sentences before!!

Sorry I was just so worked up about it all. Having had a little time to cool off, I must say that after reading over my own rant I feel....almost a little embarrassed ....I think Im being far too SOFT on NTL
    I guess you must have been so worked up you decided to start the same topic twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I've posted a rant about ntl here before as well recently. It took them 3 and a half months to fix a problem which they admitted on the phone should normally take a couple of days. It was a month before anyone even came to see us and that was after hounding them. We made about 30 phone calls, were always promised a phonecall back and never received one etc etc. Total disaster really. We got it fixed eventually after I managed to get an email address of someone in the ntl complaints department and send them emails directly. There was never a phonecall to say when they'd fixed it when they eventually did. We just turned it on and it was working, albeit still with problems. The only reason we stuck with them was because of setanta ireland being free on ntl and the world cup coming up. I wouldn't even call what they have customer service. You are talking to call service people who take the details, know nothing themselves except whats written down and then just forward on the details (or are supposed to anyway). Your best bet is to make an official complaint and then at least you will get a response back and you will have someone to deal with.

Advertisement