Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on postal issue

Options
  • 06-09-2007 6:32pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have a question as to what are my rights in a situation.

I ordered acess fobs from the management company for the apartment complex which i live in and own an apartment. I was told I would have to pay 200 euro and sent a cheque to this amount. I sent the cheque along with a note to say who the payment was from and for what. I havent recieved them in nearly 3 weeks after they recieved the payment so i called them and they have said that it has probably got lost in the post and it is my tuff luck. If I want them to sent them to me again I have to pay them again. The girl also claimed that I had accepted responsibility for them as they were posted but when i called they did not mention this or even offer any other form of delivery, just said they'd send them to my address.

Can anybody tell me what are my rights?? what legislation etc???? whats the best way to deal with this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cant help you on legislation, but you ordered goods, paid for them and didnt get them. Have they any proof of postage at all? Because if not, Id say you are within your rights to insist on another set. (If this was the norm, sure any company could just take your money, send you nothing and say tough.) Its kind of their fault for sending high value goods without registering them. Sounds like youre dealing with a tough crowd, but I wouldnt let it go. Go higher than the person you spoke to if you can and put your case again. As always, polite unceasing insistence is the way to go. :)

Advertisement