Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Ceed

Options
  • 06-09-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Whats everyone opinion on the Kia ceed? Diesel version does 60+mpg and it seems to be kitted out well. Along with the 7 year warranty it seems to be a good buy

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

A friend has just bought one & I've spent a lot of time in it. Mega-impressed. Styling is conservative but neat, the spec is fantastic & that 7-year warranty demonstrates real confidence by the manufacturers.

It's also getting great reviews by all the car mags. The Focus may be slightly better in the handling department & the Auris & Golf may have more upmarket brand names, but it this sector, in the real-world, I think it's a winner...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭OhMyGod123

I have to admit, I am more and more tempted by one. The plan would be to buy and hold onto for 5 years, granted it would be worht very little as a resell but no too bothered by that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Thinking of trading my mothers 05 Honda Jazz in for one of these as a surprise for her, does anyone actually own one?

Is the 7 year warranty comprehensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ayashii

Rented one on hols for 2 weeks recently. Really impressed by the build quality and lively enough for a 1.4 I think it was. One thing I did notice was that it wasn't particulary giving good MPG but that could be more to do with my right foot than anything else!

Go for it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

had my trusty old runaround in for a pre n.c.t. 2 weeks ago, in the course of yapping with the guy, i know him about 30 years, he claimed that parts for the ka are jut not advailable, even for main dealers. is this because the cars are so trouble free, then if you need a panel or two replaced ?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

My father has one. Bought it from whitebishop motors. The engine is fantastic in it 1.6 diesel. Its a thoroughly modern diesel engine. Very quick (quicker than my mums 05 1.6 civic automatic and my 1.6 seat leon) for its size and type of engine. on a long trip the diesel is the one to go for.... you can overtake much easier and there is plenty of go. The ride is not as harsh as the spots suspension of the leon but not as plush as the civic. Handling is very good.
    My only complaints are the gear box. The gear box in the leon is phenominally smooth. The ceed just isn't as nice. The interior isn't bad but isn't special... although the half leather is nice.
    Reliability... now .... this is a source of contention. In 3 months we have been back to white bishop motors with my dads one 4 times because the battery died. It turns out there was a problem with the clarion radios in them. They were draining the battery even when the ignition is off. Long story short... we are on our fouth radio at this stage... hopefully we will not be back to them again.
    Apart from that the car has been great.

Advertisement