Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin to Dublin Airport (help)

Options
  • 06-09-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭

I am going on a week-long course shortly. I will be staying in Clondalkin and the course is on in Bewleys Hotel near Dublin Airport. What is the best way for me to go from Cherrywood/Nangor Road in Clondalkin to Bewleys on public transport and how long would the journey take to and from? Course will start at 9 am and finish around 4.30 / 5 pm.

I tried dublin bus website but it has no journey planner on it (not that I could see anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It isn't actually all that close to the airport. Map here: http://www.bewleyshotels.com/dublin_airport_hotel_details.asp#

I suspect the closest bus route is the 27B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The short answer is that you're screwed, you will have to go into town and back out and then take a long walk to get there.

Bewleys hotel is not close to the Airport at all.

There are no bus routes that stop near the hotel since the cancellation of the AirDart operation which stopped right by it.

Bewleys run a shuttle to the Airport, not much use to you though.

The 27 is the closest bus route and that is over a mile away. The 27B and 17A would leave you a little farther away.

This map from the hotel website shows the location of the hotel.

This map shows the bus routes in the area, the hotel is not marked but it is just at the top of the map where the M50 turns into the N32.

The 27 is (one of) the route marked in pink, you would need to get off at Glin Road/Priorswood road and walk Clonsaugh Avenue-Clonsaugh Rd-N32. It would be a 15-20min walk depending on how fast you are.

To get to the city from Nangor road the 151 is the quickest route.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Potentially. Get a weekly / monthly bus ticket valid on the Airlink. Get any bus to the city centre. Then get a 747/748 bus from Busaras to the airport and get the Bewley's courtesy bus or a taxi to the hotel.

Playing around with http://mkmap.com/dublin gives you the attached map.

Advertisement