Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parnell Sq. East/Parnell St. junction

Options
  • 06-09-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Just looking for people's view on this...

Heading southbound along Parnell Sq. East, there is a bus lane on the left and a traffic lane which flows around by the Ambassador to the right.

Now, the bus lane has a time plate of '24 Hours / Monday to Sunday'. The traffic lights a the junction have a 'Bus' Green light for proceeding into O'Connell St. and then there is a left filter for turning onto Parnell St.

So, can all traffic turn left from Parnell Sq. East onto Parnell St.? The traffic light is just a green left arrow, but the bus lane is in operation 24hrs, 7 days???

Anyone help me solve this one???

H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Heart wrote:
    Just looking for people's view on this...

Heading southbound along Parnell Sq. East, there is a bus lane on the left and a traffic lane which flows around by the Ambassador to the right.

Now, the bus lane has a time plate of '24 Hours / Monday to Sunday'. The traffic lights a the junction have a 'Bus' Green light for proceeding into O'Connell St. and then there is a left filter for turning onto Parnell St.

So, can all traffic turn left from Parnell Sq. East onto Parnell St.? The traffic light is just a green left arrow, but the bus lane is in operation 24hrs, 7 days???

Anyone help me solve this one???

H

Heart, is there not is a no left turn except buses sign at this junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I noticed that a few days ago. The bus lane and road markings are completely contradictory *rolls eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

No, the sign says 'No Entry' (ahead arrow) towards O'Connell St. except Buses, Taxis, Cycles & Motorcycles.

The left turn seems to be in limbo...

H

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Heart a Chraoi.....All is not lost...just take a minute to follow the advice of the Irish Insurance Federations fine little publication.....The Rules of the Road......Should be somethin in there for everybody ???? :rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I use that left turn every morning when in the city centre. As has been said, the markings and signs are a bit contradictory but I think it's ok, I've been in front of gardai on bikes and cars without issues and alot of traffic does it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement