Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus can't fix tv until another 5 days.

Options
  • 06-09-2007 7:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

My parents have Chorus at home.
    It's not working.. again
    They got on to Chorus and they say they say it'll be 5 days before they can come out to fix it. :eek:
    That's just crazy.

Nearly a whole week without telly before the cnuts can come out.
    Somebody reassure me that this is not normal practice.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what action can be taken- surely they don't have to pay for service for these 5 days so then.

And anyone suggest any good alternative cable companies to Chorus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MrNico

Registered just to reply to this thread

Chorus are an absolute joke

I discovered my parents broadband was down when home one weekend. It could have been down for days (they don't use it much) and so I rang them to sort it out.

They told me to do this/do that but I know my computers and it was clearly a problem with their line. So eventually they said they'd send out a technician. The soonest he can come is 2 weeks away. 2 weeks!

So I ask to cancel the contract and they say we'll be disconnected in a month.
    2 weeks later I'm home again and the line seems to have been fixed (without anyone being sent out).
    As there have been problems before we just leave it and decide to get a new service provider
    The week before we're to be disconnected I get a phone call from them offering us 2 months free for all the hassle if we stay with them so I accept their offer.

The following weekend we're disconnected, I ring and talk to customer service who acknowledge that they see on their comments screen that we were offered 2 months free and we shouldn't have been disconnected.
    They say they'll sort it out by Monday (this is a Saturday)

The next day I get another phonecall from some stupid b*tch working there asking to talk to the homeowner and refusing to discuss the account with me even after my father tells her I'm dealing with it.
    He tells her the situation and she denies us recieving any call from them and that we requested to be disconnected so why are we trying to be reconnected etc etc.
    My old man continues to question what the f*ck is going on and eventually gets p*ssed and asks that we get a letter in writing rather than phonecall disturbing him in the middle of his Sunday dinner.

1 month on, no letter, no internet and are account has been charged for the last month.

A joke of a company!

Advertisement