Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Q1 Ultra or Dell 1330???

Options
  • 06-09-2007 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking to get a new laptop for work as my current one is heavier than a winning seal at Blubberfest '07. I'm torn between the Samsung Q1 Ultra (the new version with intergrated QWERTY) and the Dell 1330 (massssssssssssssssssssive waits on delivery :().

Does anyone have any views/experience with these machines? I basically need a machine that can run word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, 4OD maybe Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Needs to be nice and light, decent battery life and the smaller the better.

I hear the Dells are stunning but I don't think I could wait until my 60th birthday for it to arrive (and I'm only 20 odd :(). The Samsung Q1 Ultra is UBER-cool, in a nice geeky sense, but I fear it'll be underpowered for what I want and end up just another cast off purchase especially given the fact I DESPISE with a passion lag and slowdown in programs.

Help me decide wise peoples of boards!!!

P.S.
    I have a budget of say 1500 inc VAT so any other reasonable suggestions would be welcome, I've always fancied a tablet machine but the specs on them all seem so meh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm not sure what's going on with Dell, I got my M1330 in just under a month and I've seen some others on the notebookreview forums get theirs just as quick, even quicker. Seems they might be ironing out the delay problems, fingers crossed.

FWIW, it's a lovely laptop, the LED screen is very nice indeed :) It's not the smallest laptop, footprint wise, but it is very thin and light (especially with the LED screen).

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Thanks for that koneko, really tempted by the 1330 but the pure geek cool of the Samsung has me hung up as well. Wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who has used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Hi

I'm a bit late posting to this thread but I'm also torn between the Samsung Q1 Ultra and the HTC Shift.
    The Shift looks like a great machine, but the battery life really stinks, advertised at 2 hours so you're probably looking at 1.5.

Anyone used the Q1 Ultra???

Advertisement