Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gill History of Ireland

Options
  • 05-09-2007 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭

I am sure that many will be familiar with this series of books which came out in the late 1980s and early 1990s. They were done as an update of the eleven book series of the History of Ireland published by Gill in the early '70s.

In the new series there was six longer books, Medieval Ireland by Michael Richter, 16th Century Ireland by Colm Lennon, 17th Century Ireland by Brendan Fitzpatrick, 18th Century Ireland by Eamon O'Flaherty, 19th Century Ireland by George Boyce and finally 20th Century Ireland by Dermot Keogh.

I have seen a new version of these books in the shops again in the last year.

However to the best of my recollection I have never seen the 18th Century book by Eamon O'Flaherty anywhere over the years and I have not seen it in the new version either. I wonder if anyone knows if there was a problem with this book - maybe that it was not written or completed at all? Or was there a very small print run for some reason? Though the fact that I have not seen it in the new version probably rules that last bit out. Maybe I have just been incredibly unlucky in not coming across it!

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement