Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Keys from keyboard?

Options
  • 05-09-2007 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,283 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so I have a new Dell Vostro, just noticed that the HOME key is kinda gone funny, it doesn't push down like the rest of keys, it feels like something is sticking under it...

Is it safe to pop it off and have a look? It's my first laptop so i'm not sure... But I use the HOME key an awful lot, so it needs to be fixed...

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sure, just pry it up with a flat metal object and replace by pushing down with a bit of pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,283 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Alright, job done... There was a small bit of dirt after falling in under the key, hence the sticking...

It did take me like half an hour to replace the key, trying to fit these 2 small bits of plastic onto the key space on the board....

Oh well, job done and i'm back in business... Cheers!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

dulpit wrote:
    Hey, so I have a new Dell Vostro, just noticed that the HOME key is kinda gone funny, it doesn't push down like the rest of keys, it feels like something is sticking under it...

Is it safe to pop it off and have a look? It's my first laptop so i'm not sure... But I use the HOME key an awful lot, so it needs to be fixed...

Cheers...

Is this the 1400 that you posted the pictures from?
    I hope mine is not like that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,283 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jmccrohan wrote:
    Is this the 1400 that you posted the pictures from?
    I hope mine is not like that :o

No it's a 1500 (the 1400 is my boss's)

The problem was a tiny stone or something had fallen in underneath the keys... Fixed now :D

Advertisement