Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best solar water heater deals

Options
  • 05-09-2007 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Was wondering what the best deals are around. Am willing to fit myself, anyone got any bargians out there that they know of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

The best prices I have seen for tubes is from nordic energy or navitron
    unless you import some direct from china
    I prefer tubes than flat panels becaust i beleve they work and retain heat better.
    I am going to buy panels from http://www.navitron.org.uk/ and twin coil tank from mp morans castleisland
    You probabley know you can get a grant for panels if its installed buy someone on greener homes sei list www.sei.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

just saw on sei site that the scheme is closed until oct 1st with lower grants on new scheme on everything but pellet stoves and solar tubes:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Any phone numbers for importing from china, there are actually 3 of us looking to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Be very careful importing from China, quality is meant to be very poor in a lot of cases.

You could try www.energymaster.ie, they sell chinese tubes at a reasonable cost and provide a guarantee..

spoken to a chap in china, can do a good price, need to have another 52 people in the deal, he wasnt impressed when I told him numerous was 3 units...

• Advertisement

energymaster dont do systems with <36 tubes.

How odd...

Whats the difference between heat pipe type and U type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tommy1980murf

Stop giving the brits all your money. Stop shopping at Tesco.

Instead shop in China????

Very patriotic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

tommy1980murf,

I suggest you read the forum charter before posting again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement