Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The State of Carlow town Roads

Options
  • 05-09-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea on why the quality of the roads are so bad in Carlow town especially along Barrack St, Tullow St upper and lower and Kennedy avenue? I was cycling to train station the other day up Barrack st and ended up in a massive pot hole near Carpenters pub. Got a puncture in my tyre for it! This isnt the first time this has happened. I know that the street takes alot of cars trucks etc but the road is in sh*t, its a disgrace. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

fitzyshea wrote:
    Anyone have any idea on why the quality of the roads are so bad in Carlow town especially along Barrack St, Tullow St upper and lower and Kennedy avenue? I was cycling to train station the other day up Barrack st and ended up in a massive pot hole near Carpenters pub. Got a puncture in my tyre for it! This isnt the first time this has happened. I know that the street takes alot of cars trucks etc but the road is in sh*t, its a disgrace. :mad:

Agree but the town would come to a coplete stanstill if they were to start major resurfacing works. When the bypass opens it will be easier to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

i agree with mfitzy, there would be nowhere for the traffic to go, if they started resurfacing work, but the council on the other hand are more interested in getting the by pass done at the moment, there is ALOT of work in that,and the urban concil is trying to get the town looking well instead of working on road quality etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

carlow county council just like to improve the good roads for some reason, they upgraded stretches of the n9 last year to use up their budget when they could of done the town roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

to be fair, you have to send a complaint to the council and ask for them to track it. if we all complained about it, we would have tem working on the roads

Advertisement