Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"means tested" ...explaination?

Options
  • 05-09-2007 2:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

I finished school end of may, have done my leaving cert - Got turned down from one course and the PLC I applied for was cancelled because too few people applied for it (I am very disapointed). So I'm living at home, not working, not doing any course, currently trying very hard to find a job as i need one, want to sign on to tide me over until I find something. I went into the welfare office and they told me to come back in 2 weeks because you cant sign on until 3 months after the day of your last LC exam. (I thought it was 3 months after school finished.)

I want to know how the means-tested jobseekers allowance is calculated if you're living at home (i do not have the stamps for js benefit) my mum is a student and my dad is self-employed... I know its based on their income... Its obviously a small amount of money youre getting, but where bus fares and things like that are concerned it obviously would help a little... I really dont want to leech off my parents if i can avoid it...

so can anyone give me more details about the mean test? and what i might be entitled to?

Comments

Advertisement