Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording a session

Options
  • 05-09-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

When i was at a trad. festival in Clare last year I noticed that people often put recorders onto the table that the musicians play around. I wasn't sure if they belonged to the musicians themselves, their friends or just members of the public. I'd like to try record a session myself like this I can't decide if this would be considered a bit cheeky. Is it an okay practice or does it cross some line?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Not really crossing a line unless you get some really anal musicians in the session that have a problem being recorded. Its always good to spread the music IMO. and Ive never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

Recorders are handy alright for getting some good tunes, but dont leave them running, cause then you start recording conversations( - bitchin etc.. :-) ) between sets and people dont like that. Just get the tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Shutuplaura

Boxman wrote:
    Recorders are handy alright for getting some good tunes, but dont leave them running, cause then you start recording conversations( - bitchin etc.. :-) ) between sets and people dont like that. Just get the tunes!

Excellent point! Thanks lads.

Advertisement