Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help - Leaving cert at night for mature students

Options
  • 05-09-2007 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if somebody might be able to help me,

I wish to pursue a career in primary teaching as a mature student,
    I originally completed my leaving in 2000,
    But I need honours Irish and one other honour subject to meet the entry requirements for Mary I,

Please could somebody tell me is there any night or day course provider in Kerry (or I am willing to travel) that does the leaving cert?

I have tried VTOS and several colleges,
    They are either ignoring my constant emails or do not do the Irish for the leaving cert,

I know I’m too late for the 2008 leaving,
    But If I knew of a course provider I could approach them for 2009,

Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thanks in advance

Comments

Hey porte,

I'm not too knowledgeable about primary teaching myself, but I do remember the online primary teaching qualification called Hibernia (details here: http://www.hiberniacollege.net/Default.aspx?tabid=62).

I see you've a thread on this in distance and part-time students... I'm going to copy this thread over to the Teaching/Lecturing forum too, as they're probably more knowledgeable on this subject. This one will be left here though, in case someone else can contribute to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not sure where in Kerry you are, but Cork College of Commerce offer Hons. Leaving Cert. Irish, Accounting and Business in night classes. They may offer others. You could also try the VECs.

http://www.limericktutorial.ie/Repeat.htm

Advertisement