Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for green laptop

Options
  • 05-09-2007 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Got a request form my boss today and being in the IT dept I got the fantastic task of finding a laptop for his daughter, her requests are winxp, webcam, and best of all it has to be green.

Where can I find a laptop with XP these days and not mention it being green?

Can anyone help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Do you mean green as in environmentally friendly, or green as in colour? :D

Dell do a wide range of colours, I am sure green is in there somewhere. As do Apple, but I don't know of the mechanics of ordering one with XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Yeah it’s the colour green :)

I tried Dell website before posting, I was looking at the InspironTM 1720I which I think you can get in green but i can’t customize any laptop on there site it seems to be acting up a bit as I keep receiving this message.

"We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request to configure the identified product."

*EDIT* oh wait its working now, bloody typical

right I went through the custom option but there is a four week wait on those models and all other models that offer the green colour also have a wait time :(

Can anyone advise me where else I can go?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Auvers wrote:
    "We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request to configure the identified product."

Actually, yes, I'm getting the same when I try to look at a laptop for somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

1720 might be a bit big, check out the 1520. I think there's delays on all Dell laptops at the moment though, particularly coloured ones.

koneko wrote:
    1720 might be a bit big, check out the 1520. I think there's delays on all Dell laptops at the moment though, particularly coloured ones.

Thanks mate but she apparently wants a 17" screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have a blue one, if that helps :D

It's Toshiba

Personalised laptops in any colour you want

Dell offer 8 different colours

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/inspnnb?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Have to say though, it's a crap shade of green, not very vibrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

you could always diy!

you could always diy!

Nah haven't got hands to wipe my arse when it comes to things like that sh1te, but I did find a Sony that looks good which is very important apparently but it has a small screen at 14"

Advertisement