Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd rom drive wont burn cds

Options
  • 05-09-2007 9:47am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey
    tryed copying files to a cd this morning and it gave me an error message saying "it could'nt copy the files to the cd":confused: and then i tryed burning music and it said "please insert cd"and there was a cd inserted in it :confused: the cd drive seems fine,its runs all my games fine,i have a dell xps m1710 was just hoping someone could help me out?

any help would be great
    cheers

ps
    was thinking about buying a external drive to use for copying and burning music and what not and use the internal drive then for games only,what do ye think?

thanks again

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What program are you using to burn the files??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

windows media player for the music when im burning cds and when copying files to a cd i just left click the file and send them direct to cd rom and then in the folder theres a "copy these files to cd "icon and thats how i do it,i have roxio i think but i dont use it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Uninstall Roxio, I had alot of problems when I used it. Then get NERO and try burning a CD with nero and see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Be warned - it could also be the cd itself.

I bought (what I thought) was loads of dvd r - but each time I went to burn, there was the usual "error, blah blah". Turns out the DVDs that I bought are sometimes notorious - they either work or they dont work

And yes I was using Nero aswell :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thing is though that i used a couple of the cds and they worked grand and then all of a sudden it just stopped working :confused.What do ye think of my buying an external cd drive idea?good idea?are they reliant?

• Advertisement

oh and im using cd-r discs!could they be the problem?

Advertisement