Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop TV

Options
  • 05-09-2007 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi. I am going to college soon and want to see would it be possible to get a good tv card(probably usb) for my laptop so I can use it as a tv with a set of bunnyears...Also, I am thinking about buying an xbox 360 but although having a 20inch widesceen monitor aswell as the laptop, I have no way of playing the sound...I would also like to be able to play the sound of the xbox through the my 2.1 connected to my laptop...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi. I am going to college soon and want to see would it be possible to get a good tv card(probably usb) for my laptop so I can use it as a tv with a set of bunnyears...

I have the USB Hauppauge PVR2 and the analogue reception is unwatchable it is so bad, so check first if you are in a good signal area.
    Also, I am thinking about buying an xbox 360 but although having a 20inch widesceen monitor aswell as the laptop, I have no way of playing the sound...I would also like to be able to play the sound of the xbox through the my 2.1 connected to my laptop...

I don't follow you. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

Will check out about the reception...Right:

1. Buying an xbox. Have a laptop. Have speakers.
    2. Speakers only connect through the headphone socket on the laptop.
    3. The xbox 360, could I use the red and white auido cables to connect the xbox 360s audio to the tv card of my laptop and have the video going to my monitor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You could get something like this which is a A/V switcher and comes with multiple sets of RCA inputs (red/white) and plug the laptop and Xbox 360 into it and switch between the two at will.

For the laptop & speakers a 3.5mm to RCA cable will convert the output so you can plug them into the switcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Will check out about the reception...Right:

1. Buying an xbox. Have a laptop. Have speakers.
    2. Speakers only connect through the headphone socket on the laptop.
    3. The xbox 360, could I use the red and white auido cables to connect the xbox 360s audio to the tv card of my laptop and have the video going to my monitor?

You could, but there would be a delay in the video from the Xbox to what is displayed on the screen. Not at all useful for games. This is a symptom of USB tv cards, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

Okay, the reception is supposed to be okay...Now then, can anyone recommend a card and an aerial(bunnyears i suppose)...Found these on Komplett: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329773 , http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338676 + http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=311934. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement