Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time to buy a bike

Options
  • 04-09-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I want to buy a motorbike as i have been given it some thought for like 90 years. I am mid 30s and wondering what would be good to go for. Maybe a 400engine size?? can anyone help with suggestions please?? I am thinking of spending 3,500 to €4,000 on one. Would i get something decent for this kind of cash??

Appreciate any tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

You'll get a good bike. Try to go for a restricted SV650 or ER-6 etc rather than a 400cc bike. The 400cc will most likely be over the power restriction and there are fewer nice 400cc bike around now than ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

What about starting on something smaller? A Hornet 250 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

same situation as you last january. picked up a cbr 250 for 1700 euro, great deal for the price there is a Bros 400 for sale on www.biker.ie site, 1600 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Hornet is too powerful and a handfull for someone beginning with the Revs. Better go restricted since you have the money and get something with some torque. There's not too much of a wieght difference between the bikes. A bros is nice but they're getting on in years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

tell us a bit more about your height/ weight and what you'll be using the bike for - i'm 6'2 and commute on a DL650 vstrom - great for traffic and very comfortable but not everyones cup of tea -

• Advertisement
Advertisement