Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aberystwyth

Options
  • 04-09-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi I'm just looking into applying for a PGCE course for next year.There's so many colleges that do it,im getting really confused!Does anybody know if Aberystwyth is good?I'm also looking at colleges in London does anybody know which ones have the best reputation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dkelly83

Hi!
    I was in your position this time last year and I decided to go for Liverpool Hope. I have just started and I am enjoying it so far. It has a good reputation and is serviced by Ryanair so theres plenty of cheap flights home if ya get homesick! I'm not too sure about the bursury in Scotland but as far as I am aware, it is being reduced here next year to £4000, still nice pocket money!

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

I can't comment on the course you want to do but heed my advice....Aberystwyth and London the are complete opposites of each other. I studied in London, and in Wales (not in Aberystwyth but in another small town called Pontypridd) so i feel i should comment.

In my opinion Aberystwyth is remote (much more remote than it was for me in Ponty....at least i could get the train to Cardiff for a night out). London is an 'in your face' type of place. I had to step over crack heads and walk past the drug pushers just to get to school. Seeing people inject themselves in the legs while "hiding" in a phonebooth became common place.

Just decide which type of place you'd prefer living in and go there. You'll probably end up doing something completely different than what you expected anyway. Life tends to be like that. Sure you want to pick the best course, well fair enough. Just thought i'd add my two pence piece.

Advertisement