Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clocked cars

Options
  • 04-09-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey all,

learnt a hard lesson about buying an imported (UK) car from a garage in dublin. dealer swore blind the mileage wasn't clocked so a few months after buying it i was advised to check out www.hpi.co.uk Found out the car was clocked and now the dealer is suddenly no longer interested......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

What type of car and who is the dealer?

I found a 02 Passat that was clocked a few weeks ago as well. It said 65K on the clock but it was really 188k miles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ holy crap. Got a carzone link or anything Pep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

No I've no link. HPI was the best £19 I ever spent. The car was on sale for €12000 and it looked immaculate. I couldn't find any signs of high mileage at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Same thing happened a mate of mine. He printed out a load of leaflets and posted them to the nearby houses telling people about the garage, he also pasted them up all over the front door of the garage! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

what type of car is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

dragon_irl wrote:
    hey all,

learnt a hard lesson about buying an imported (UK) car from a garage in dublin. dealer swore blind the mileage wasn't clocked so a few months after buying it i was advised to check out www.hpi.co.uk Found out the car was clocked and now the dealer is suddenly no longer interested......

Consult a solicitor. It may not be too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dragon_irl

Consult a solicitor. It may not be too late.

Its a Honda Civic Type R. Going through the solicitor at the minute but reckon it'll be a long dragged out affair.

Advertisement