Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xD Card Adaptor

Options
  • 04-09-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I got a new laptop today. It has a card reader but it only reads SD/MMC and Memory Stick. My camera uses an xD card. Is there any adaptor out there so that I can use an xd card in my card reader?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

I got a new laptop today. It has a card reader but it only reads SD/MMC and Memory Stick. My camera uses an xD card. Is there any adaptor out there so that I can use an xd card in my card reader?

I am not aware of an adapter, I'd say you will have to purchase a USB memory card reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I just went snooping around and found this: http://www.card-media.co.uk/resellers/xd+adapter.htm

Would that do the trick?

Nope. Smartmedia is a different format again.

D'Oh! :rolleyes:

Try here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I have one that adapts xD to SMC/SM interface. Going for a song!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

jamieh,
    I checked the M1330 manual and it says the reader is an 8-in-1 and supports xD-picture cards.
    You might have checked or figured this out already but it doesn't hurt to check :)

Hey kenoko,

I remember when I bought the m1330 it said it reads xd cards, but on the card reader it doesn't say anything about xd card....and it seems too big, having said that I haven't actually tried using an xd card so I'll try later.

How are u getting on with your machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Great :)
    Spec was what I ordered except it was missing the fingerprint scanner, but it's pretty gimmicky anyway so while I was a bit annoyed at first, I got over it. Could probably have arranged for an engineer to come out but I opted for a spare 9-cell battery instead. The screen (LED) just lovely :o
    How bout yourself?

Flyin' man!! The screen is sh*t hot isn't it....well worth the wait!! The only thing thats bugging me is the fingerprints left when u pick the thing up!! Other than that....delriah!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement