Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with Nissan Keyfob

Options
  • 04-09-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hello

My keyfob for Nissan Primera 2000 does not work. It takes 10-12 clicks instead of usual 1 to disarm alarm and unlock doors.

It looks like battery is low. Another reason might be that fob is 7 years old and worn out heavily.
    Is there a way to find out is it battery or is it tear and wear?

Where can I buy a battery for keyfob ? Nissan dealers usually charge a fortune. Any suggestions where it can be done cheaper?
    Anything I need to know about replacement of keyfob battery ?

Is there any point in buying new/used electronic key fob on Ebay and reprogram it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Yes and no. Ebay fobs as you said, need to be reporgrammed meaning going to nissan anyway.
    With everything considered its as handy to go to a nissan dealer and get a new one in the first place. I'd the same problem with my peimera, the rubber seal cracks and the botton has to be pressed real hard. A pain really.

Go to nissan, bite the bullet. Don't mean to be blunt bty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Pretty easy to recode a new key to the car afaik:

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Common/reprogram_key_fob.htm

REPROGRAM KEY FOB

Most Nissan Vehicles

The horn chirp can be disable by pressing the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously until the hazard lights flash, and no enable press the lock and unlock until the horn chirp.

To reprogram (enter new ID) key fob (keyless remote controller) follow the steps.

1. Close all doors and lock all doors

2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
    (The hazard warning lamp will then flash.)
    NOTE:
    Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time.

NOTE:
    Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side
    marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is
    accurately completed.

3. Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to "AAC" position
    At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID codes are erase.

4. Press any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash)

NOTE:
    Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button
    is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
    The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this
    step is accurately completed and programming is successful.

If there is only one remote controller skip step 5.

5. Additional ID code entry
    Release the door lock, then lock again with door lock/unlock switch
    (In power window main switch)

6. Remove key from ignition

7. Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the door. (END)

NOTE:
    If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat
    the procedure on step 5 "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.

NOTE:
    Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A jewellers or motor factors like Halfords should be able to supply you with a replacement battery.

Just remember to have the key fob close to the car when changing the battery as the transponder in the key fob might need to re sync with the car's immobiliser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

kozak wrote:
    Hello

My keyfob for Nissan Primera 2000 does not work. It takes 10-12 clicks instead of usual 1 to disarm alarm and unlock doors.

It looks like battery is low. Another reason might be that fob is 7 years old and worn out heavily.
    Is there a way to find out is it battery or is it tear and wear?

Where can I buy a battery for keyfob ? Nissan dealers usually charge a fortune. Any suggestions where it can be done cheaper?
    Anything I need to know about replacement of keyfob battery ?

Is there any point in buying new/used electronic key fob on Ebay and reprogram it?

Thanks

Oh .. BTW .. Battery its usually a CR2032
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=cr2032&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Can get them in EuroCity/Maplins or Peats quite cheaply. Avoid jewellers, they will rip the ass off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Have a 01 from new. Had similar issues. Changed batteries etc. Buttons seemed to wear. I had 2 keys which I had used at different times. I took the 2 keys apart and put all the good bits into one - works perfectly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 seaniebaby86

I have the same problem now. It is an 02 Primera.
    The button is worn away completely and i can't lock the car at all. Unlocking always takes ages and Im left standing like an eejit who's at the wrong car!
    So is the best advice to bite the bullet and go to Nissan, even though I haven't actually lost the keys?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

IM NOT sure about Primearas but I just opened up the FOB for my Almera and took the batteries out and then I knew what i needed to buy. So I put em in and then I googled the instructions from the webb to sync it to my car. I think another poster may have posted that link. It was all fairly easy to do. Do not go to nissan to get riped it off.... DIY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

the battery is most likely to be a cr2025, available for about €2.50 from chemists , camera shops jewellers etc.

most nissan dealers will programme the fob free of charge

Advertisement