Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography - Portfolio Course, Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 04-09-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Has anyone completed or know anything about this course that is run by Dun Laoghaire College of Further Education? The details on the website are a bit sketchy. Is it just about learing how to create a portfolio or more like a normal photography course where you learn about camera settings, lighting, indoor/outdoor shooting, nighttime shots etc, etc.

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

No but I'm interested too ... Sounds potentially interesting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Got this back from the college in Dun Laoghaire. It seems to be more focused on project work...

Thanks for your interest in the portfolio course which is
    > run over 24 weeks finishing in april. you in have to record the
    > technical and artist learning in a workbook and students will take
    > on 3 projects and produce 30 hand printed photographs which is
    > assessed to level 5 Fetac. (see fetac.ie modules level 5) Students
    > will use film cameras ( sorry, no digi capture says Fetac) to shoot
    > projects in ones own time but some studio workis included. this
    > unique course is limited to14 students and we start on monday 24th
    > sept. Mixed ability, some beginners with some experienced student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Yeah the Dun Laorighe(hate typing that) one is good I think. I did the one in Sallynoggin and it was class, really really good. Covered everything from the ground up (aperture etc) and had three projects over the year. Was more work then I had imagined though so be prepared to work at it. It's worth it though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Hi all,
    Has anyone completed or know anything about this course that is run by Dun Laoghaire College of Further Education? The details on the website are a bit sketchy. Is it just about learing how to create a portfolio or more like a normal photography course where you learn about camera settings, lighting, indoor/outdoor shooting, nighttime shots etc, etc.

Cheers..

Not 100% sure but I think it's more of a portfolio course. I went to DLIADT and a lot of people did portolio courses in film and photography in Dun Laoghaire College of Further Education to then get into the relevant degrees in DLIADT. Maybe try to get the course booklet for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 snapshotcass

For many years Dun Laoghaire College F.E. have been running with portfolio courses which were darkroom/ film based and were at level 5 fetac. Two years ago they launched a Digital version of the same course which proved very popular and was hard to get into. the course covers building a collection of 30 or so images on a sellection of themes and printed to A4 and A3 sizes. Also a Workbook explores ones learning experiences in camera craft, theme building, composition and image processing in Photoshop. Students exhibited their worklast june 2011.
    Check out college web site, www.dlcfe.ie evening courses

also www.flickr.com and search "portfolio group dun laoghaire"
    Hope this is of some help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

I did a presentation to this course last year

looked like a very cool course

students were friendly

hoping they will ask me back again this year :-)

Advertisement