Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iceland

• 04-09-2007 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi I am going to iceland in October, have never been and dont know any one that has...

can anyone tell me what they have thought of it? :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

yep, i was there for a week in June, it'll probably be cold enough at this time of year it was 12-15 in June when I was there, so bring warm clothes. Spend a couple of nights in Reykjavik, on the weekend if possible as this is when it is the livliest. Try and go out to the Blue Lagoon, it's a heated outdoor spa about 10 miles outside Reykjavik, there are regular buses out there, think it's open until the end of October,

It is more expensive over there, do expect to pay extra for meals in restaurants and pubs etc, but not a huge amount more, some places in Dublin are just as expensive. There is a square in the middle of Reykjavik (can't remember the name of it just now) and lots of restaurants and pubs in that area.

If you plan on touring the country, try and hire a car if you can afford it. It's the best way to get about, there is only one main road around the island, the ring road and while there is a reliable bus service, it can take you half the day to get somewhere and you may decide when you get there you might not want to stay the night. A 5 hour trip in a car might be 8 hours on a bus as the bus will stop at literally every village and house on the way, and is also used to make deliveries to shops.

Lots of stuff to see along the south coast like waterfalls, volcanoes, glaciers if you're into that sort of thing.

PM me if you have more specific questions.

All Icelandic people speak English so you won't have any problems over there, it is an odd country in that there are so few people living there. Think Ireland with just Galway and a few random villages dotted around the rest of the country.

But for somewhere different and cool, it's well worth a visit

lilly07 wrote:
    Hi I am going to iceland in October, have never been and dont know any one that has...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

lilly07 wrote: »

How was it??? I hoped to go on that long weekend thingy in October but alas not enough cash this year, maybe next year. Would you recommend it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

i've heard a bottle of corona costs between £8 -£12 sterling.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

alienhead wrote: »
    i've heard a bottle of corona costs between £8 -£12 sterling.......

Thats what you get for ordering imported beer in somwhere like Iceland... Order the local suds and I'm sure you won't be paying those prices..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Friends of mine are on honeymoon in Iceland at the mo, so will post on what they did and other details once I hear from them :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement