Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops Direct

Options
  • 03-09-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Just want to check something. I have bought laptops of these a few times and have used different credit cards. Each of the cards I have used I have recieved a phone call from bank (different banks) because someone was using my card and they had to issue me a new card. This could be a coisidence but I am just curious if any else had problems with their credit card after buying from Laptops Direct. I dont have any virus's or hacked or anything like that as have used different computers and internet connections:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

jayo2004 wrote:
    Just want to check something. I have bought laptops of these a few times and have used different credit cards. Each of the cards I have used I have recieved a phone call from bank (different banks) because someone was using my card and they had to issue me a new card. This could be a coisidence but I am just curious if any else had problems with their credit card after buying from Laptops Direct. I dont have any virus's or hacked or anything like that as have used different computers and internet connections:confused:

I had a different kind of experience with them last week. Was ordering for somebody else, using their company credit card (AIB Visa). As part of the payment verification, it went to this crappy Verified by Visa website, where you have to enter additional information. Of course, the owner of the credit card couldn't remember the details, so we left it.

Monday morning came, Laptopsdirect rang and said the laptop would be delivered that week. So they basically ignored the fact that the Verified by Visa crap didn't work. The laptop arrived three days later.

So much for the additional verification by Visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John Carroll

I wanted to buy a acer 5920 from laptopsdirect.ie. When i was going to pay i noticed that the padlock that appears in the bottom right corner never appeared. Also when i clicked to verfiy that the site was secure it displayed "page not found". That was not good!

So i went to laptopsdirect.co.uk. I know there both the same company, but security was verified there and it displayed the padlock. Waiting for delivery now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I wanted to buy a acer 5920 from laptopsdirect.ie. When i was going to pay i noticed that the padlock that appears in the bottom right corner never appeared. Also when i clicked to verfiy that the site was secure it displayed "page not found". That was not good!

So i went to laptopsdirect.co.uk. I know there both the same company, but security was verified there and it displayed the padlock. Waiting for delivery now :)

That's kinda odd... I do know that when i was looking for a laptop i checked their site, but when i put in laptopsdirect.ie it automatically bounced me to their uk site...

Advertisement