Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery - First Charge

Options
  • 03-09-2007 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm expecting delivery of a new laptop 2moro.

How long do I have to charge the battery for before I can use it? Or is it ok nowdays to boot up as soon as u get the laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

I'm expecting delivery of a new laptop 2moro.

How long do I have to charge the battery for before I can use it? Or is it ok nowdays to boot up as soon as u get the laptop?

I always like to fully charge any new device before use,

It ensures you get the longest life out of the battery in the long run.

Of course you can just plug it in and fire away if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

When you say fully charge do you mean an overnight charge? Or just plug it in for 3-4 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Well with phones and my last laptop and my DS and PSP I have always left them plugged for around 12 hours before the first use.

Maybe it doesnt help or maybe it does, just something I have done, I have heard that it is better for the longterm performance of the battery

Advertisement