Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vaio to bravia

Options
  • 03-09-2007 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Ok i have a vaio FZ 11s and i want to connect it to my bravia 32s2530 with a HDMI to HDMI cable how the hell do i do it.
    i have been trying for ages now with no luck, the help on the vaio is usless or its probably me :)
    the laptop detects the tv but the tv just says no signal :(

Any one with any suggestions. any help will be welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

You probably have to send the video signal to the HDMI output rather than to the laptop display. Generally, its a function key + <some number>, on my Dell I think it's Fn+3 (will confirm tonight if somebody doesn't today)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Oh and the os is Vista if that makes any difference. plus can i only watch movies this way or will i be able to surf the web and play games too if not wat connection will i need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ok got it worked out im able to get the image to the tv :)
    But as usual the are further problems

1. the image is too big the task bar at the bottom is just about not viewable and that much is missing around each side of the screen. Tried lowering the res but no difference

2. Sound the sound only comes from the speakers in the laptop not the tv.

Tried googleing it but no joy. so if any 1 knows please let me know thanks in advance :)

Advertisement