Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squealing from rear back wheel.

Options
  • 02-09-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, i was in my Accord driving home with two passangers, one in front, and one behind the front passanger. I was pulling into my drive which has an sharpish incline into it, when i heard this extremely loud squealing noise comin from back of the car like metal scraping on metal.

When the passengers got out, i drove forwards, and the noise was very faint, but backwards its loud but nowhere near as loud as when i pulled in. Took the rear left wheel off which is where i think the noise was comin from and i cant see anythin amiss.

Is this somethin like the brake pads worn down or could it be somethin more serious. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sounds like a stone between the cowl and the disc - common enough. Do you have gravel driveway by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

actually the road near my house was recently resurfaced and its totally covered in stones. is it easy to fix or a garage job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could work it's way loose all by itself. But if doesn't, just take the wheel off and look for the stone and poke it out with a screwdriver.

DON'T put your head under the wheel arch if the car is on a jack - support the car properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

sounds like a plan. ill take another look tomorrow in the day light, cheers crosstownk, your a legend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Happened to me one night beteween connemara and Limerick. Found somewhere to pull over and took the wheel off. Had to borrow a thingy as the one i had from previous car did not work on the new car. Anyway i got the tiny little pebble out and it was grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement