Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

shocks

Options
  • 02-09-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

where is the best place for getting shocks for '95 lancer. Is it cheaper to buy from uk and fit myself.:) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You can fit them yourself - it's not horribly complicated. But if they are front shocks you will need to set up your steering geometry once the job is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Lots Of UK sites sell parts but most seem not to post to ireland - The saving does not seem to be that much.
    motor factor is probably the best place to start.
    get the phone book out and start checking with them.
    i got quotes from 70-90 euros a piece or 40 each from scrappy.
    my Bro ended up gettin them for me for 45€ new:D
    I believe there are 2 types - gas and oil - the gas ones are more expensive.
    Just changed them on my car this weekend.
    First 1 took 3hrs (cause i didnt have a 14mm spanner :mad: so had to go find one at 730 on a friday evening fininshed the job in the dark with a little torch)
    Second one took less than an hour.

Spring compresser From halfords 30€ (or 21 if you have a trade card :D:D )

Advertisement