Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Solo Caldari PvP ship?

Options
  • 02-09-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

Ok so our corp has decided to go back to its roots and forget about empire wars. PIRATING. Yay.

Anyway Caldari only seems to be good when working in groups but im too far gone now to change races so im looking for some sort of Caldari ship that can hold its own in PvP.

I could use my raven but thats just alot of ISK when you make a mistake.

Is there any decent Drake setup that has a nice balance between DPS output and tank. My skills are in missiles so the Ferox is not an option really.

For cruiser class pvp my only option seems to be the caracal and thats just pointless. As soon as someone sees a caracal on scanner its like every pirate starts chasing me. lol. also the ship just sucks unless working with a partner but im looking for some solo action.

I think drake is my only option but without fitting rigs and dropping 2 SPR's for BCS's the tank really suffers. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Well ive never solo'd in a drake myself, i fly an anti-support drake lol, but im sure r0ot will help ya with his pirating passive drake of doom setup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

My drake pwns tbh! But I prefer the rook. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I would laugh at a solo drake, then either pwn it or mwd away. Not viable for solo low sec piracy at all for reasons that should be apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

kyp_durron wrote:
    I would laugh at a solo drake, then either pwn it or mwd away. Not viable for solo low sec piracy at all for reasons that should be apparent.

tbh Darc is right, its not viable for solo piracy, but its very very fun when you engage a small gang of cruisers and frigs cause you can come away with a few kills before they either blob you, kill you or run away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

We encountered a nano drake the other night, that guy was a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ok then so the drake is not a viable solo pvp ship. what then. Am i left high and dry if i stay caldari?

Or do i just have to resort to using a raven to pwn cruisers/battlecruiser. but is the amount of times im gona get caught and ganked by his friends work using a raven.

Is the hawk any good for pvp or is it just a frig killer. How would it fare against cruisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I use a Manticore. Pakcs a great punch and the cloak makes things interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I sometimes solo around in a crow but you obviously can only kill other frigs, t2 frigs and the odd barge or hauler if you find em.

The thing is with the Amarr ship changes now using missiles if you were to train up a few amarr skills you could have a real Khanid pwn mobile.

Maddzy wrote:
    I sometimes solo around in a crow but you obviously can only kill other frigs, t2 frigs and the odd barge or hauler if you find em.

The thing is with the Amarr ship changes now using missiles if you were to train up a few amarr skills you could have a real Khanid pwn mobile.

Interesting!

What do you think would be the best option given that i have no amarr skills apart from the overlapping skills. Why didnt they make mods to an amarr cruiser so that they can use missiles? If i were to train up for amarr it would take a long time as i would have to train the space ship command skills as well as the armor tanking skills.

ok then so the drake is not a viable solo pvp ship. what then. Am i left high and dry if i stay caldari?

For solo pvp, yes.
    Or do i just have to resort to using a raven to pwn cruisers/battlecruiser. but is the amount of times im gona get caught and ganked by his friends work using a raven.

Going solo in a battleship is always dodgy.
    Is the hawk any good for pvp or is it just a frig killer. How would it fare against cruisers.

You will kill noobs in cruisers, but not much else, it can fit a good tank for a frig but obviously you cant tank sentrys.

To sum things up, if you really want to solo in low sec, engaging at gates ect, you will have to cross train. What you decide to train is up to you, at this stage you should know what the other ships are good at. Having said that Eve is way more fun in gangs and Caldari are great in gangs in which case your drake will do just fine.

• Advertisement

Interesting!

What do you think would be the best option given that i have no amarr skills apart from the overlapping skills. Why didnt they make mods to an amarr cruiser so that they can use missiles? If i were to train up for amarr it would take a long time as i would have to train the space ship command skills as well as the armor tanking skills.

Quite a while because the Khaind ships are T2 Amarr HAC/Command. Even then the Sac is the only option I see if you go that route. You might want to consider going another direction.

I'm not sure what you mean about mods that allow you use missiles on amarr ships? In that case why not mods that let you use any turrets or missiles on any ship.

Also use Eve mon for working out training times. It's very handy.

kyp_durron wrote:
    Quite a while because the Khaind ships are T2 Amarr HAC/Command. Even then the Sac is the only option I see if you go that route. You might want to consider going another direction.

I'm not sure what you mean about mods that allow you use missiles on amarr ships? In that case why not mods that let you use any turrets or missiles on any ship.

Also use Eve mon for working out training times. It's very handy.

sorry when i said "mods" i ment when CCP changed some of the ship settings around to allow for better missile usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Have you actually ever pvpped or you just like listening to the hype that we're **** solo....

Pick your fights.

Blastermoa with a T2 LSE

Blaster harpy

Crow.

Missile Ferox.

Missile Drake.

Blaster Eagle

Cerb..... well..... deffo pick yur fights. Going solo gimps the tank too much

Rook.

Seriously.... Just pick one of the above and start fighting. Why are you so negative before you've even given it a whirl.

PS: The Hawk is shyte.

ya ive pirated plenty but usually in a gang where we just gank. anything and everything.
    But this gets tired after while.

I solo too but that usually involves me warping in on a frig with a cruiser or a cruiser with a BC/BS

The reason im being kinda negative about caldari is that i dont think id be able to win any fight where ship class is equal.

Caracal loses against any decent fitted other race cruiser.
    Drake simply does not have the DPS to take down other Battle Cruisers solo but other battle cruisers will probably not be able to take down drake solo when its fitted with a good tank.

But the situation i have fallen into alot with the drake is i warp in and agro, find that i cant break his tank and he cant break mine. He has me scrammed and i cant escape and sooner or later his backup arrives.

Ill just have to make do with ganking smaller ships than mine.

Might try killing frigs with a destroyer. Less of a gank than a cruiser.

I've taken out noobs in bc's in my blaster harpy.... I've taken down decent players in my blastermoa and had an great battle once taking out an old char in a bc with my rook.... That's 5 T2 heavies. Took time but I got there (was at like 20% hull from missed cycles).

TBH, the ships I fly for pvp nowadays are blaster harpy, blaster eagle, rook or crow. Don't really fly T1 stuff anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

You can solo in Caldari ships, or you can just train Gallente, fit damage, a tank and tackling/ewar/capbooster/MWD or Afterburner and solo as CCP intended. Blaster fits on ships as slow as Caldari ships that dont get a damage bonus can work, but they just work better on Gallente ships.

We get a sexy range bonus. Blasters on an eagle with null lands hits at 15km :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Get a myrm or brutix and decent skills for them try them out in low sec if you like the ships train t2 medium blasters / t2 medium drones and maybe t2 heavy drones you can go off solo pvping to your hearts content then

Sand wrote:
    You can solo in Caldari ships, or you can just train Gallente, fit damage, a tank and tackling/ewar/capbooster/MWD or Afterburner and solo as CCP intended. Blaster fits on ships as slow as Caldari ships that dont get a damage bonus can work, but they just work better on Gallente ships.
    bizmark wrote:
    Get a myrm or brutix and decent skills for them try them out in low sec if you like the ships train t2 medium blasters / t2 medium drones and maybe t2 heavy drones you can go off solo pvping to your hearts content then

These lads know what the deal is.

Minny are a option too for solo. Depends on what your perfered style of fighting is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

minni are such a pain in the ass for training though you need good gun/navigation skills with decent missiles and drone skills along with decent sheilds/armor skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Quick question Canis - I know youve made a good run with the Rook, but dont you end up with lots of people having kill rights against you cos youre jamming them and they dont get a shot off?

Yup. But ya know what, with all the ppl over the ENTIRE time I've played eve I've never met a player I had rights on or vice versa. Dunno why that is....

ATM tho I've been holed up in a dead end 0.0 system in ma cerb ninja ratting. Forgotten how filthy rich ratting in 0.0 can make you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Blaster Bantam is the way forward.... noone ever expects the lethal sting in YO FACE!!! YUS!

Advertisement