Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to change Irelands weather

Options
  • 02-09-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Our weather is pretty boring, if you had a choice would you like to see it changed so we could have massive thunder storms - hurricanes or best of all big tornadoes, imagine an f5 tornado whizzing by your house, of course there would be the huge downside of death and destruction so maybe not a good idea after all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'd be happy with colder winters and decent heavy snowfalls :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

During the Winter I would like to see a sustained chilly blast from the East with active fronts coming across the Irish Sea. Also, I would like to see, if it was possible, f5 tornadoes- provided they only occured about a mile out to sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

Could we tow Ireland down to just west of Bordeaux?;)

Or maybe in a few years Bordeaux will come to us courtesy of GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Better still,Ireland geographically place between Engerland and Denmark in the North sea.Just imagine the winters,cold and snowy.The summers hotter with more storms and no influence of the gulf stream humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snowbie wrote:
    Better still,Ireland geographically place between Engerland and Denmark in the North sea.Just imagine the winters,cold and snowy.The summers hotter with more storms and no influence of the gulf stream humidity.
    That's why i like the Alps, cold and snowy in the winter and hot and stormy in the summer. I like the irish climate too though, first thing i would change would be just a few degrees colder in the winter:D

• Advertisement

trogdor wrote:
    That's why i like the Alps, cold and snowy in the winter and hot and stormy in the summer.
    Yeah but you cant get RTE 1 and 2 over there or pints of the black stuff,with my post above you still can.:D

Snowbie wrote:
    Yeah but you cant get RTE 1 and 2 over there or pints of the black stuff,with my post above you still can.:D
    Oh yes what a superior idea, lets not move to the Alps, get satellite tv and a few kegs of guinness. Instead we can take the easy route and just move the whole country:rolleyes: :D:p

Ok ok,you win,not possible to move the country.Damn.
    Would have to brush up on the auld French,Italian or German though,which when i checked last aint that gud, ja.:o :p

Snowbie wrote:
    Ok ok,you win,not possible to move the country.Damn.
    Would have to brush up on the auld French,Italian or German though,which when i checked last aint that gud, ja.:o :p
    :p There's also Switzerland if it wasn't so damn expensive, most can speak English there though.
    Looking back at the first post, i'm sure it would be some experience, but i don't think i'd like an F5 tornado whizzing past my house, it could flatten the town:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im so bored of our climate especially this year, about an 8C difference between January and August 2007:(

I would love to have cold north-easterly blasts full of snow and ice between November and early March with drifting regularly and temperatures -5C to 5C

I would love to see plenty of thundery showers/thunderstorms mid March to early May and late October to early November with temperatures around 5C to 21C

May to October I would love to see regular heatwaves and general high temperatures, plenty of sunshine but the odd thunderstorm, temperatures 22C to 36C

Ive no wish's for tornados or anything else that is life treatning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Throw in some of the weather events of the 1960s and 1980s, and if you can find somewhere to fit January 6 1839 that would be ideal.

Advertisement