Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High pressure car wash

Options
  • 02-09-2007 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Is there some place around Dublin with mutliple bay high pressure carwash ?

There's a lot in France, basically you can't drive 10 minutes without seeing one, was looking for one yesterday around my place here in DUblin, but can't find any.
    There's some petrol stations with one bay, but many cars are queueing, so you can't really take your time.

What I am looking for is a kind of place with 4+ bays, vacuum cleaner areas, and small car park where you can take your time to do the interior, polish, and so on, with no rush due to the waiting cars.

Of course, I can do the wash/vacuum in a petrol station, and then finish my car in the street, but well, I prefer a dedicated area.

Do this kind of place exist here ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

I've not seen one. Just the one bay in any 'self service'.

Your best bet is to get your own power washer. Halfords are doing the Karcher 399 for 185eur or 499 for 235eur. Just buy the foam lance aswel and you've got your own car wash. At least then you can use your own shampoo and stuff.

Of course, you can probably get the PW's cheaper online.

Shouldn't really polish the car outdoors, but you definately shouldn't do it on the side of a street. There will be dust and grit from passing cars in the air, which will result in bad swirls in your paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sukhumvit

Thank you Fanboy,

Yup you're right it would be the best solution but I live in an appartment with an underground car park, so I can't use a Karcher.

As for the polish I will follow you're advice, wanted to do it outside because the car park is very dark, but it will still probably be the best solution as they are doing some huge buildings works outside ans it is very dusty.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Fanboy wrote:
    Your best bet is to get your own power washer. Halfords are doing the Karcher 399 for 185eur or 499 for 235eur. Just buy the foam lance aswel and you've got your own car wash. At least then you can use your own shampoo and stuff.

For once halfrauds is cheaper then online. All te k399's are around 220+!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

Really? Suprising! i didnt like to check and see how much i wasted by buying impulse!

It does the trick anyhow.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Fanboy wrote:
    Really? Suprising! i didnt like to check and see how much i wasted by buying impulse!

It does the trick anyhow.

How do you find it overall? Is it hard to setup (ie connect to tap, etc). Plus, is there still some form of handwashing needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

The Statoil petrol station on the Howth rd has four HP washer bays and one of those pull your car through car washes. One or two vacuums there too.
    Although all four were out of action on Thursday.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's a few pressure washing bays beside the Speaker Connoly in Firhouse. Used to be a petrol station. Not too sure of the space around it but I'd guess that's what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

emo garage on the old ashbourne road. they have 4 or 5.

and cheapest petrol around also:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

ambman wrote:
    emo garage on the old ashbourne road. they have 4 or 5.

and cheapest petrol around also:D
    It's a Texaco garage , but otherwise you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If you are Northside of Dublin, head to Funtasia Bettystown (only 20 minutes from Dublin so they say). Not only do they have 3 or 4 power washer bays and the vacuum, you can also then go and p1ss all your change away on arcade / gambling / coin drop machines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement