Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Again...........

Options
  • 01-09-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

Lastnight/this morning my car was stolen for the second time:mad: I knew it wouldn't be far away as I'd disabled it but the only problem is that they've broken the switch on the ignition so I can't start it after re-enabling it. Can anyone PM me to tell me how to "hotwire" it? It's a 94 Nissan Sunny Automatic Transmission.
    Thanks for your help,
    Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What's so attractive to thieves about a '94 sunny? Is it just the fact that older jap cars are easier to steal?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Must be, or else I'm more famous thatn I thought and they just want the memorablilia!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

Must be, or else I'm more famous thatn I thought and they just want the memorablilia!:cool:

where do u live !!stoen twice !!

how u got it back first time?
    may be they took it as a challenge....or shear insult to them....feckin obstinant thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Japanese door locks are famously easy to break, or used to be. A competent thief could get inside a standard car within 10 seconds without making any noise when What Car did a test many years ago.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hi all,

Lastnight/this morning my car was stolen for the second time:mad: I knew it wouldn't be far away as I'd disabled it but the only problem is that they've broken the switch on the ignition so I can't start it after re-enabling it. Can anyone PM me to tell me how to "hotwire" it? It's a 94 Nissan Sunny Automatic Transmission.
    Thanks for your help,
    Andrew

Is it just me or is it extremely dodgy sounding to ask for information on how to "hotwire" a car we don't know whether or not you actually own? Surely you could call some mechanic to come out, tow it and replace the lock/ignition barrels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭maidhc

Is it just me or is it extremely dodgy sounding to ask for information on how to "hotwire" a car we don't know whether or not you actually own? Surely you could call some mechanic to come out, tow it and replace the lock/ignition barrels?

Well the scumbags know already, so nothing wrong with us law abiding citizens learning how to do it! :)

I know it sounded dodgy, I'd have thought that myself! I got it hotwired and burned the fingers off myself in the process.

The first time it was stolen, the gearbox was dead so they got it into a housing estate behind me- I eventually saw the funny side of it- the ultimate anti-theft device:D

The a$$hole that nicked it at least had the consideration not to damage the doorlocks, they bent the door back a bit but that was easy enough to fix both today and the last time. They totally messed up the ignition switch so I'll have to find a replacement although the lock barrell is still intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

touchingvirus
    yes he could do that, but i'd imagine he is like any normal money concious person and wants to see if he can do it himself for free before forking out for a mechanic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

touchingvirus
    yes he could do that, but i'd imagine he is like any normal money concious person and wants to see if he can do it himself for free before forking out for a mechanic :)

My point was not that he wanted to try fix it himself, I'd be like that myself - money saved is great money :D Just that it seemed a little dodgy to be asking us when we've no proof he didn't stumble upon such a car and decide to have a go himself :D

Obviously now the OP has hotwired the car this isn't a problem anymore ;)

Who knows, maybe I'm just overly concerned about stuff like this.. *shifty eyes..* I'm not paranoid - Why are you all looking at me like that?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Old cars like these are popular with scumbags because simply they don't need the key to start them. No dead locks or immobilisers to worry about, car security was non existant back then. More than likely it is a popular choice for joyriders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you getting worried he might be after your own 94 sunny? :) In fairness he's hardly a master criminal if he was askign about it here, much less if the infor is for an old sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Bray and old jap cars...
    A few years ago i had a £50 '89 micra that was stolen twice and suffered a further 2 attempts, on one occasion the next door neighbour was told to f8ck off by 4 12-14 yr old tracker knackers while they were pushing the car down the road!

After the first time the car was found off the boghall road in one piece apart from the ignition, I managed to hot wire the car (after a few goes and burnt fingers :)) and drive it to the scrap yard in dun loaghaire where I bought and installed another ignition barrel.

After the last attempt I stuck a big heavy chain & lock around the seat rail and steering wheel and the car was never touched again. Now have a Golf with an alarm / immobiliser but still use the chain, old habits die hard ;)

Thanks for the posts everyone! At least I can drive to get another switch now plus I got a lesson in how to hotwire my own car :D and the Sunny survives attempt #2! Anyone got any booby-trap ideas?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the little buggers stole my shades again this time:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Thanks for the posts everyone! At least I can drive to get another switch now plus I got a lesson in how to hotwire my own car :D and the Sunny survives attempt #2! Anyone got any booby-trap ideas?

Yes...buy a gun and wait for them. Shoot the first one who tries to rob the car...preferably in the head so that there's no open coffin. Hey presto...no one will ever try to steal your beloved Nissan Sunny again! :p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Stick a syringe in ur seat everytime u leave it :D

Or have a long fuse and dyanamite in the back. I know you'll blow the car up, but it'd be funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

cover the steering wheel in superglue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Borrow a couple of (that w@nker) Gerard Cavlan's fighting dogs*, let them sleep in your car at night. No-one'll ever touch your car again.

You might find it surrounded by redneck GAA players shouting "go on, biy" but at least the car won't get nicked :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055143115

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I've installed a homemade 'kill switch' immobiliser on my Micra. Basically I've a switch hidden under the dashboard that is connected to the wire going from the ignition barrel to the distributor. So when a scumbag tries to hot wire it, the engine will just turnover but won't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Better hope none of them read boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

it happened with me...

few months back, i found my car door opened in morning and wiring coming out of ignition switch...surprise car was perfectly running but engine light remained always ON......that worried me.

i went to dealer, they told me that some one tired to steal it and jump started it ..(as if they told me some thing new after forensic examination)..and charged me 200 bucks for what they told me is Engine Management..

now i feel may be my car was used as an experimental guinea pig where some learned guru taught few lessons to his pupils..:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

franksm wrote:
    Borrow a couple of (that w@nker) Gerard Cavlan's fighting dogs*, let them sleep in your car at night. No-one'll ever touch your car again.

You might find it surrounded by redneck GAA players shouting "go on, biy" but at least the car won't get nicked :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055143115
    Further to some posters concerns of libel, as Gerard Cavlan has been named in the media for this, I'm content with leaving this post here:
    http://news.google.ie/news?q=Gerard%20Cavlan&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Advertisement