Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ducks

Options
  • 01-09-2007 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

any one out shooting dismorning and how many did you get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bogteal

one duck should have done some clays, say the same thing every year but still great to be out, i will give the deer a go this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Stop Shooting My Ducks!!!

kowloon wrote:
    Stop Shooting My Ducks!!!
    if only i could hit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Note to self: order more duck flak jackets :p

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Whats the deal on the duck shooting? Ive done it as a guest a couple of times. Do you need to join a club or is there any common shoreline that can be shot? (North Dublin)

• Advertisement

alan123 wrote:
    Whats the deal on the duck shooting? Ive done it as a guest a couple of times. Do you need to join a club or is there any common shoreline that can be shot? (North Dublin)
    apply for foreshore licence, there are places you can,t shoot but you will get that info with licence, then get some one to show you the ropes, if member of gun club ask if there are any good flight ponds around, if you get in to it you wont find better shooting. hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 padge hunter

{the spelling in the following is not very good sorry} I shoot in wexford now myself on a litte lake there do be loads of ducks there.I go whit my father and a friend i love going the edrelenen rush is deadly sitting in a hide at around half five and six o clock in the morning and waiting for the ducks to fly your way and all around you all you hear is bang bang the hole time from other shooters its deadly if there are any one out there that hasnt goin shooting ducks yet id defenetly recomend that you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

{the spelling in the following is not very good sorry} I shoot in wexford now myself on a litte lake there do be loads of ducks there.I go whit my father and a friend i love going the edrelenen rush is deadly sitting in a hide at around half five and six o clock in the morning and waiting for the ducks to fly your way and all around you all you hear is bang bang the hole time from other shooters its deadly if there are any one out there that hasnt goin shooting ducks yet id defenetly recomend that you do

Padge, the spelling is grand. It's a joy to read your post as I get the full whack of the accent along with the description.

I'm not being sarcastic. That was a great post. I almost felt I was there.

bogteal wrote:
    apply for foreshore licence, there are places you can,t shoot but you will get that info with licence, then get some one to show you the ropes, if member of gun club ask if there are any good flight ponds around, if you get in to it you wont find better shooting. hope this helps.
    Aok. Where do I apply? Ive shot a few but always on invite.

alan123 wrote:
    Aok. Where do I apply? Ive shot a few but always on invite.
    its a few years now that i got mine they lasts 5 years i think its national parks and wildlife services wwwnpws.ie you can print of application ,tell them what you wish to hunt for and where, all of ireland if you like, i dont think there is any charge it only takes a week or so to get. remember foreshore shooting is very dangerous do not go unless you have someone who knows what there doing with you, best of luck.

• Advertisement

rrpc wrote:
    Padge, the spelling is grand. It's a joy to read your post as I get the full whack of the accent along with the description.

I'm not being sarcastic. That was a great post. I almost felt I was there.

thanks i just put it the way that i tink it should be put have you doin duck shooting before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Someone correct me if these are wrong but here goes...

Foreshore licence here.

Deer hunting licence here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

thanks i just put it the way that i tink it should be put have you doin duck shooting before

No Padge, it's one of the long list of things I've yet to do :D . I've hidden for foxes and dogs worrying sheep :mad: alright, so I've felt something of what you described.

your right padge hunter waiting for duck be it morning or evening there is no shooting like it, it is 20 minuts of a rush, one minute your sitting there with nothing going on and then you hear the duck coming, teal first then widgon mallard are always last to come in, and if there is a full moon you could shoot all night.

bogteal wrote:
    remember foreshore shooting is very dangerous do not go unless you have someone who knows what there doing with you, best of luck.

Ive heard a widgeon protecting her young can kill a hunter with one thrust of her beak!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I never heard of that, but a few years back of a mallard knocked out a hunter (mate of mine).....

Gods truth, out doing a night flight, another mate busted a mallard (incoming bird) it folded its wings dropped at the velocity it was approaching at and hit my mate knocking him out cold.....

alan123 wrote:
    Ive heard a widgeon protecting her young can kill a hunter with one thrust of her beak!!!
    any one that has ever gone shooting for duck on the foreshore will have under stood what i was saying, its not the duck you worry about its the tide many a good hunter has been drowned, its not something to do on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

chill we were messing i for one am born and bread north county dublin shot my first duck at 16 on the fore shore, however in land ducks taste better,

bogteal wrote:
    any one that has ever gone shooting for duck on the foreshore will have under stood what i was saying, its not the duck you worry about its the tide many a good hunter has been drowned, its not something to do on your own.

I hear ya BT, just taking the michael. (but seriously, dont turn your back on a widgeon!)

Where in North County Dublin can you shoot with the foreshore licence? Ive shot over by the traintrack at Donabate. I think the whole Portmarnock stretch is in a club?

does any one on this site have a licence to shoot geese couse i do and i was talken to some one that was saying that ter are only two or three gun clubs in ireland that have just woundering if that is true or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

try www.npws.ie maybe you might find it there

bogteal wrote:
    your right padge hunter waiting for duck be it morning or evening there is no shooting like it, it is 20 minuts of a rush, one minute your sitting there with nothing going on and then you hear the duck coming, teal first then widgon mallard are always last to come in, and if there is a full moon you could shoot all night.

ye thats true alrite and if you are looky you might get a flock of geese now when you shoot down a few of them you go home whit some smile on your face i tell ya and on the way home i have a big lane that i have to walk up there do be loads of pidions arond so it do be a good morning of shooting

Advertisement